Fermentors for the primary fermentation process
The primary fermentation is a first phase of the alcoholic beverage fermentation process. Beer/cider/wine is fermenting in non-pressure fermentation tanks with special yeast.
The task of brewer yeast in the primary fermentation stage is to convert part of the sugars in the wort into alcohol. At the set degree of fermentation the fermentation process is interrupted (not to be the full conversion of 100 % sugar).
This section includes all tanks designed to the first fermentation phase of beer or alcoholic cider.
The containers and vessels which are designed for the first stage of beer fermentation – the main fermentation of wort using brewer´s yeast (after production wort from malt, water and hops). Those tanks are usually equipped with an inspection door, sanitary shower, adjustable pressure valve and fittings for filling and draining beer. We produce them on demand also as a versatile tanks that combine function both fermentation and maturation tanks – the combi tanks.
Some tanks are equipped with the fermentation control mechanism for fine adjusting of pressure in the tanks. Temperature may to be easily regulated with the local or central control system.
The fermentors are usable for the primary fermentation of all alcoholic beverages like beer, cider, wine, combucha etc.
We produce and offer these kinds of fermentors for the primary fermentation :
I. Primary fermentation (main fermentation phase) – primary fermentors
FET : Tanks for the primary fermentation – pressure or non-pressure vessels intended only to the primary fermentation of beer, cider, wine. Only covered tanks are equipped with the fermentation lock or special armature with the manometer and adjustable pressure valve.
- OFV : Opened fermentation tanks – non-covered vessels for the primary fermentation of beer. The main fermentation process of wort takes place in the opened containers. This is a traditional technology for production of typical Czech lager beer.
- CFT : Closed cylindrical fermentation tanks – non-pressure simplified cylindrical vessels without the cone bottom. Closed tanks allow the fermentation of more kinds beer in the same room without risc of contamination with other yeast.
- PFV : Plastic fermentation vessels – Plastic non-pressure vessels for the primary fermentation of small volumes alcoholic beverages like beer, cider or wine. The fermentors are made of food-safe polyethylene.
- HCFT : Simple fermentors for home brewing – simple non-insulated fermentors with small volumes intended mainly for home brewing
II. Both the primary and secondary fermentation in the same tank – universal fermentors and sets
Universal tanks for both primary and secondary fermentation of beer, cider, wine in the same vessel without the pumping beverage between two tanks.
- CCT : Cylindrically-conical fermentation tanks – universal pressurizable tank intended for both primary and secondary fermentation of beer, cider, wine in the same vessel without the pumping beverage between two tanks. Available for all kinds of fermenting beverages. The cone bottom allows easy separation of yeast from beverage to later use.
- FUIC : Compact fermentation units – the compact devides that include all what is needed for both the primary and secondary fermentation of beer, cider, wine. One, two, three or four cylindrically-conical fermentors, cooling unit, temperature control system, frame.
- CFS : Complete fermentation sets – Fully equipped sets for the fermentation and maturation of alcoholic beverages under pressure (beer, wine, cider) that are equipped with classical cylindrical-conical tanks and all equipment that is needed for controlled cooling of the tanks with fermenting beverage.