The independent compact unit for the alcoholic beverage fermentation and maturation process with integrated cooling : FUIC-CHP2C-2x2000CCT
The FUIC-CHP2C-2x2000CCT fermentation-maturation unit is equipped with two 2000 lt / 2203 lt cylindrically-conical fermentors (CCT/CCF) and independent compact cooler on common frame.
Classic design of the fermentors : insulated tanks with double-jacket, cooled by water or glycol, fine adjustable pressure from 0bar to 3bar. Intended to both primary and secondary fermentation of carbonated alcoholic beverages like beer, sparkling wine, alcoholic cider.
The compact unit for the beer fermentation and maturation process with integrated cooling BREWORX MODULO FUIC-CHP2C-2x2000CCT is an independent mobile equipment with two fermentors type of cylindrically-conical tanks 2x 2000 liters (total capacity 2×2203 liters) The FUIC unit includes everything what is necessary to the main fermentation of beer, to the beer maturation under pressure, to an isobaric filling of beer into kegs or bottles or to serving of beer into drink glasses directly from the fermentors that are included in this unit. The FUIC unit may be used also for the fermentation of other alcoholic beverages like sparkling wine, cider etc.
This type of the FUIC unit consists of these components :
- 2 pcs of CCT 2000 liters (usable volume) / 2203 liters (total volume) : Cylindrically-conical fermentors made of stainless steel that are insulated by PUR foam, cooled by water or glycol that circulated in cooling channels of double-jacket
- 2 pcs of the compact water cooler with cooling capacity 2.3 kW (this is valid for cooling temperature 0°C and ambient temperature 25°C)
- Elements for measurement and control of temperature and circulation of coolant
- Piping for cooling liquid – elements for connecting between coolers and tanks
- Supporting frame with adjustable legs or wheels with brakes
Compact fermentation units BREWORX MODULO – This is a very universal compact equipment for fermentation and maturation of wort. During the fermentation and maturation of wort made in brewhouse the wort becomes the final drink – beer. Time parameters of the fermentation and maturation process depend on the type of beer, the set pressure in the cylindrical-conical tanks and the requirements of the brewer.
This equipment is also usable to production and tuning samples of new types of beer or wine in little volumes, without blocking main fermentors in the brewery or winery for this reason.
FUIC-CHP2C-2x2000CCT : example design of the fermentation-maturation unit with two cylindrically-conical fermentors and two compact coolers
See the video presentation of the FUIC fermentation unit :
Technical description :
|Parameters||FUIC-CNP2C-2x2000CCT – without PED certficate||FUIC-CHP2C-2x2000CCT – with PED certficate|
|Usable volume [liters]||2x 2000||2x 2000|
|Total volume [liters]||2x 2203||2x 2203|
|Pressure range (allowed by PED)||0.0bar – 0.5bar||0.0bar – 3.0bar|
|Maximal pressure range (tested by producer)||0.0bar – 4.4bar||0.0bar – 4.4bar|
|Primary fermentation (without pressure)||suitable||suitable|
|Secondary fermentation (under pressure)||unsuitable||suitable|
|Serving of beverage from the tanks||unsuitable||suitable|
|Manual filling of beverage into kegs||unsuitable||suitable|
|Machinery filling of beverage into kegs||unsuitable||suitable|
|Filtration of beverage||unsuitable||suitable|
|Cooling power [kW]||2x 2.3 kW||2x 2.3 kW|
|Cooling capacity [22°C > 7°C]||2x 600 lt / hour||2x 600 lt / hour|
|Cooling control system||PLC||PLC|
|Adjustable temperature range in CCT||1°C – 25°C||1°C – 25°C|
|Power input||2x 1380 W / 6A||2x 1380 W / 6A|
|Maximal temperature in the room||35°C||35°C|
|Weight netto [ kg ]||1892||1892|
|Weight brutto [ kg ]||6572||6572|
|Stability||adjustable legs||adjustable legs|
|Material||AISI 304||AISI 304|
|Warranty||24 months||24 months|
All dimensions and weights are approximate – they are calculated according to the materials that were available at the time of market introduction. The manufacturer reserves the right to change dimensions and weights if they are not available the same materials and subcomponents upon production of a particular product, or if the customer has individual requirements. The customer receives a drawing of the product from the manufacturer. All important dimensions of the actual product will be shown in this drawing. The customer always confirms dimensions of the product before its production.
FUIC-CHP2C-2x2000CCT unit includes two CCT-2000C fermentors
Equipment and design of the CCT-2000C cylindrically-conical tank Classic 2000/2203 liters
Assembly drawing of the cylindroconical tank CCT-2000C (model 2015 / SQ / standard dimensions) :
CCT-2000C : Technical parametersTechnical parameters of the CCT-2000C : The universal cone fermenter, the cylindrically-conical pressure tank for both fermentation and maturation of beer or cider, usable volume 2000 liters, with PUR insulation, cooled by water/glycol.
Cylindroconical tank CCT-2000C
Parameters (standard dimensions)
|Vu Usable volume [liters]||2000||2000||2000||2000|
|Vt Total volume [liters]||2203||2203||2203||2203|
|V1 Upper arched bottom - volume [liters]||154||154||154||154|
|V2 Cylindrical part - volume [liters]||1696||1696||1696||1696|
|V3 Conical part - volume [liters]||353||353||353||353|
|D Total tank diameter [mm]||1300||1300||1300||1300|
|Dv Inner tank diameter [mm]||1200||1200||1200||1200|
|H Total height [mm]||3003||3003||3003||3003|
|H1 Upper arched bottom - height [mm]||244||244||244||244|
|H2 Cylindrical part - height [mm]||1500||1500||1500||1500|
|H3 Conical part - height [mm]||1039||1039||1039||1039|
|Mn Weight netto [kg]||550||550||550||550|
|Mb Weight brutto [kg]||2919||2919||2919||2919|
|Pressure range (allowed by PED)||0.0 - 0.5 bar||0.0 - 3.0 bar||0.0 - 0.5 bar||0.0 - 3.0 bar|
|Real pressure range (tested by producer)||0.0 - 4.4 bar||0.0 - 4.4 bar||0.0 - 4.4 bar||0.0 - 4.4 bar|
|PED 2014/68/EU certificate||no||yes||no||yes|
|Material (Origin in Europe)||AISI 304||AISI 304||AISI 304||AISI 304|
|Inner surface – upper bottom + cylinder||2B / Ra||2B / Ra||2C / Ra||2C / Ra|
|Inner surface - conical part||2C / Ra||2C / Ra||2C / Ra||2C / Ra|
|Outer surface||2B grinded||2B grinded||2B grinded||2B grinded|
|External sheets - joints||riveted / welded||riveted / welded||all welded||all welded|
|Peak angle of the cone||60°||60°||60°||60°|
|PUR insulation||50 mm||50 mm||50 mm||50 mm|
|CT / CJ1 Cooling jacket on the cylinder – in/out G-thread||1 zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"||1 zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"||1 zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"||1 zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"|
|CT / CJ1 Cooling jacket on the cone part – in/out G-thread||1 zone > 50% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"||1 zone > 50% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"||1 zone > 50% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"||1 zone > 50% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"|
|Upper service door (manhole)||420x340mm open inside||PED 420x340mm open inside||420x340mm open outside||PED 420x340mm open outside|
|Side service door (manhole)||optional 440x310mm||optional 440x310mm||optional 440x310mm||optional 440x310mm|
|Ovepressure/vacuum safety valve||Max 0.5 / 0.2 bar||Max 3.2 / 0.2 bar||Max 0.5 / 0.2 bar||Max 3.2 / 0.2 bar|
|Pure-beverage output armature||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC|
|Bottom filling/emptying armature||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC|
|Sample valve||DN10 sanit||DN10 sanit||DN10 sanit||DN10 sanit|
|CIP and manometer connection fittings||DN25DC/TC||DN25DC/TC||DN25DC/TC||DN25DC/TC|
|Fermentation pressure adjusting valve, sanitizable||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC|
|Manometer with glycerine||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Filling level indicator fixed||yes||yes||optional||optional|
|Filling level indicator removable||optional||optional||yes||yes|
|Thermosensor socket||2 pcs DN9||2 pcs DN9||2 pcs DN9||2 pcs DN9|
|Rubber adjustable feet||3 pcs||3 pcs||3 pcs||3 pcs|
|Type label - tank parameters PED||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Minimum operating temperature||-15 °C||-15 °C||-15 °C||-15 °C|
|Maximum operating temperature||+80 °C||+80 °C||+80 °C||+80 °C|
|Guaranteed number of pressure cycles (for max. pressure)||500||500||500||500|
|Standard warranty||2 years||2 years||3 years||3 years|
Equipment optional - surcharges
|Side service door (manhole)||€ 192||€ 192||€ 192||€ 192|
|Upper service door (manhole)||included||included||included||included|
|Upper service door with a sight window||€ 462||€ 462||€ 462||€ 462|
|Upper service door fully-glass||€ 692||€ 692||€ 692||€ 692|
|Ladder||€ 302||€ 302||€ 302||€ 302|
|Side universal armature for hopgun, carbonization, filtration, flotation||€ 38||€ 38||€ 38||€ 38|
|Upper special armature-set for a dry hopping||€ 192||€ 192||€ 192||€ 192|
|Carbonization stone||€ 423||€ 423||€ 423||€ 423|
|Sanitizing ball-shower - rotational||€ 56||€ 56||yes||yes|
|Adjustable pure-beverage output armature with the sight glass||€ 385||€ 385||€ 385||€ 385|
|Scale on the pressure adjusting valve||€ 115||€ 115||€ 115||€ 115|
|Scale for Filling level indicator mm||€ 192||€ 192||€ 192||€ 192|
|Temperature measuring and control system||see a pricelist||see a pricelist||see a pricelist||see a pricelist|
|Foam compensator for Sample valve||€ 103||€ 103||€ 103||€ 103|
|Non-standard dimensions of the tank by customer||10% and more||10% and more||10% and more||10% and more|
|Non-standard equipment of no-PED tank||€ 173||€ 173||€ 173||€ 173|
|Non-standard equipment of PED tank||€ 1 040||€ 1 040||€ 1 040||€ 1 040|
N/A = Not available
DC = Dairy Coupling DIN 11851, TC = TriClamp DIN 32676 (type of the coupling depends on requirement of a customer)
PED = Certification for pressure vessels required in all EU countries – the EU Directive PED 2014/68/EU Pressure Equipment
The manufacturer reserves the right to change the parameters according to the current availability of materials and fittings. A customer will always receive our production drawing for approval before manufacturing the ordered tank.
Standard equipment of the FUIC-CHP2C-2x2000CCT Compact fermentation unit
- Adjustable pressure valve – Overpressure setting mechanism with a glycerine manometer (standard range from 0 bar up to 3 bar ) – it allows all fuctions : fermentation + maturation + bottling
- Cooling channels – duplicators for circulating of coolant in the cooling jacket (one, two or more according type of the tank)
- PUR insulation – polyurethane insulation with thickness according to the size of the tank and the target environment (standard = 50mm )
- Outer jacket of the tank of stainless steel – Kind of the surface finishing (standard = grinded) choosed by customer.
- Guaranteed inner surface roughness – Ra < 0.8 μm or less (grinded surfaces) / Ra < 0.5 μm or less (polished surfaces)
- Service door (manhole) – on the top cone or on cylinder part, according to customer requirements (SQ = open inside / HQ = open outside)
- Pure-beverage output armature – with a butterfly valve for pure beverage (beer, wine, cider) output – the racking arm (optionally with variable height of a suction)
- Bottom filling/emptying armature – The inlet / outlet pipe with a butterfly valve for filling tank, discharging of yeast and draining of full content of the tank
- Sanitizing ball-shower – CIP sanitizing ball-shower (SQ = statical / HQ = rotational) – one or more pcs
- Sanitation pipe – a multifunction pipe with a ball valve for connection of a sprayball, CIP station (cleaning, sanitizing), the adjustable pressure valve with manometer, CO2 inlet
- Sample valve – cleanable and sanitizable sampling cock for collection product samples
- Safety valve – double-acting overpressure (standard = 3.2 bar) and vaccum protection (0.2 bar) safety valve – only pressure version of the tank
- Venting valve – dedicated valve for safety draining of the tank and for accurate measuring of pressure in the tank with manometer (when the shower ball shower is blocked with a foam)
- Thermometer socket – welded socket for inserting of thermosensor or thermometer (one or more according type of the tank)
- Manometer – It is included in the set of the adjustable pressure valve. Made of stainless steel, with glycerine inside.
- Filling level indicator – cleanable and sanitizable glass pipe for visualisation of product level in the tank (SQ = fixed / HQ = removable)
- Transport hinges – steel welded hinges for safety transport of the tank with crane or forklift
- Adjustable feet – 3 or 4 legs with rubber feet for accurate adjusting of the tank on an uneven floor
- Type label – the steel label with all parameters that are required from European Union for pressure vessels
- PED 2014/68/EU – certificate – the European certificate for the overpressure vessel + document for archiving history of the pressure vessel
Optional equipment of the FUIC-CHP2C-2x2000CCT Compact fermentation unit
- Variable arm for pure product outlet (adjustable racking arm) – instead the fix clear product pipe – a rotatable pipe with a butterfly valve and sight glass to accurate adjusting high of the suction inlet according to current level of yeast in the tank
- Special doors – manholes – secondary site manhole, manhole with sightglass, manhole with glass door
- Special cleaning-sanitizing ball-showers – rotational, pulse or other special cleaning equipment for extreme effective cleaning of the tank
- Side or upper universal armature – Universal multi-use armature for connection of the flotation equipment, carbonization stone or the hop extractor for dry hopping.
- Scale for the filling level indicator – a liter scale on a cover of the filling level indicator for visualization of the current product volume in the tank
- Scale for the adjustable pressure valve – a bar scale on a adjustable pressure valve screw for indication of just required pressure in the tank (a manometer shows the current pressure)
- Temperature measurement and regulation components – we deliver several types of thermosensors, thermometers and also fully equipped temperature control systems for our tanks
- Thermometer, thermocouples, thermoregulators – more types for installation directly on the tank or on a wall
- Automatic thermo regulation valves – for regulation the coolant flow in the cooling channels
- On the tank thermo controller – measurement and regulation of temperature on dedicated temperature controller placed directly on each tank
- On-the-wall control box – for measurement and regulation temperature in more tanks from a common switchboard cabinet
- Automatic tank temperature measurement and control system – for an automatic control of full fermentation and maturation processes
- Carbonization stone – the special candle with the porous stone for carbonization of beverages from CO2 bottles
- Ladder – for easy operating with manholes and other upper accessories of tanks
- Tank filling armature – a special tool to easy filling of beverage product (like beer wort , cider must) to the fermentation tank
- Stirring equipment – to stirring contents of the tank, It is mounted on the side of the tank shell
- Other customizations of the tank – according on customer´s requirements – non-standard dimensions, special armatures, special surface and design of the tank etc.
Why to choose MODULO FUIC/FUEC unit for the fermentation and maturation of beer ?
- Independence of the fermentation unit on the external cooling system – Each fermentation unit has its own independent cooling system
- Easy and quick installation – Customer receives the compact fermentation unit on the pallet, moves it using wheels to the destination, connects the unit to the power and then the equipment can be immediately used to the fermentation of beverages
- Financial savings and quick startup – Customer need not use any specialists – any building reconstruction nor build any new pipe routes for the cooling system are needed.
- Minimizing of operating losses during an equipment failure – In case of a failure of one cooling unit only one tank is temporarily out of operation, not the entire brewery
- Mobility – Change placing of the fermentors in the brewery cellar is very simple and fast because it is easy to move the fermentation unit to another place and the fermentors can start their work immediately again
- Simple connection – The fermentation unit is connectable to the wort brew machine and to other brewery devices using special hoses and fast clamping connectors therefore there is need not to install any welded piping system
- Compatibility – We deliver fermentation blocks with adapters that enable integration of a module into an existing system of any microbrewery – connected via hoses or stainless pipes
Usual values of main parameters during the fermentation and maturation of beer:
Primary fermentation (main beer fermentation)
|Parameters of primary beer fermentation||Beer fermented on tank bottom||Beer fermented on wort surface|
|Temperature||From 6°C to 12°C||From 18°C to 24°C|
|Pressure in the tank||From 0.0bar to 0.2bar||From 0.0bar to 0.2bar|
|Time of the beer fermentation||From 6 to 12 days||From 3 to 9 days|
Secondary fermentation (beer maturation, beer carbonization)
|Parameters of secondary beer fermentation||Beer fermented on tank bottom||Beer fermented on wort surface|
|Temperature||From 1°C to 2°C||From 1°C to 5°C|
|Pressure in the tank||From 0.8bar to 1.5bar||From 0.8bar to 1.5bar|
|Maturation time for the 10° beer||From 14 to 21 days||From 10 to 14 days|
|Maturation time for the 12° beer||From 30 to 60 days||From 21 to 30 days|
|Maturation time for the 14° beer||From 60 to 120 days||From 60 to 90 days|
|Maturation time for the 16° beer||From 120 to 180 days||From 90 to 120 days|
The tables above show that for the production of beer types which use brewer´s yeast fermenting on bottom (eg. traditional Czech lager), we must consider that the beer production time is about 50-60% longer than the production time of beer types with the brewer´s yeast kinds that ferment on the surface of the wort. As well as the period of beer production must be longer if we want to produce stronger beers in the same fermentors because both the fermentation and maturation of wort require longer time. For this reason it is necessary carefully count the number of fermentation and maturation tanks for assess the production capacity of the brewery. The calculation of the required number fermentors is quite complex and this is always a part of the calculation that we perform for our customer free if we participate in tender for delivery of a brewery. This is a part of our consultation work according we provide on requirements of specific customer.
We recommend use our compact fermentation units in all small-size breweries which plan expansion in future without big costs !! The compact beer fermentation units are basic components of our modular breweries .
Read more : BREWORX MODULO modular breweries
Pressure versions of the compact fermentation units MODULO FUIC/FUEC :
1) Compact fermentation units : non-pressure type (0.0 bar) MODULO FUIC-CNP2C-2x2000CCT
– CCTs are produced as non-pressure vessels, designed exclusively for the main fermentation of the wort under pressure maximaly up to 0.5bar. It is not possible to use these tanks for beer maturation (secondary fermentation), which must be carried out under mild overpressure. In this embodiment, internal welds in CCTs are not grinded as the construction of the tank does not allow the extraction of yeast from the cone without previous pumping of beer into another tank to changing function of the same fermentor to the beer maturation process under pressure. Therefore, the fermentation tanks are dimensioned to sufficient pressure for the primary fermentation, but not for the secondary fermentation of beer.
2) Compact fermentation units : pressurizable type (3.0bar max) MODULO FUIC-CHP2C-2x2000CCT
– CCTs are produced as pressure vessels designed both for the main fermentation of the wort, and also for the subsequent maturation of beer under pressure up to 3.0bar. In these CCTs it is possible continously to switch from the primary beer fermentation to the beer maturation in the same container. But it is always better first to pump-over beer into another clean tank because of better separation of the pure beer from the settled yeast. In this embodiment, all internal welds are grinded to the roughness of Ra<0.5µm which significantly improves the slip of settled yeast into a tank cone.. This design allows also hand-filling and machinery filling of purified beer into kegs and bottles. Allowed overpressure is sufficient to quick machinery filling of beer into kegs and bottles or to manual filling of beer directly into sale packages as well.
Variations of the CCT-2000C conical fermentors according to the overpressure limit :
In addition, the customer can choose between the pressure and non-pressure vessels. According to the maximum allowable overpressure in the vessel we produce CCT fermentation tanks in two designs:
- Non-pressure fermentation tank CCT-2000 – the maximum available overpressure is 0.5 bar – it is designed as 3.0 bar tank, tested for pressure up to 4.4 bar, but it is not declared as pressure tank and doesn´t have a pressure vessel passport. Suitable for non-pressure fermentation of beer or cider, or as pressure vessel in countries out of European Union.
- Over-pressure fermentation tank CCT-2000 – The maximum available overpressure is 3.0 bar (optionally, according to specific customer requirements up to 5.0 bar), includes the certificate for pressure vessels according to EU Directive PED. The vessel can be used not only for the fermentation and maturation of beer, but also as pressure tank for isobarical filling of beverage into kegs or bottles, for filtration and isobaric serving of beer or cider into glasses.
Variations of the CCT-2000C fermentation tanks according to their quality and equipment :
According to quality requirements and financial possibilities of customers we recognize the fermentation tanks with four classes of quality and equipment:
- TQ : Top quality – The highest quality we offer. The inner surface has a guaranteed roughness Ra<0.5 μm – glossy design. The outer surface is fully polished-unified. All functional fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are made in Europe. The best separation of the used yeast from the beer or cider, especially at single-phase fermentation of beer or cider when the both fermentation and maturation process are provided in the same tank. Top quality equipment of the tanks. The main advantage is very luxury design of the tank.Three years warranty for stainless steel main parts and also for all fittings. Price will be calculated individually for each tank according to customer´s requirements.
- HQ : High quality – High quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. The inner surface has a guaranteed roughness Ra<0.5 μm – glossy design. The outer surface is grinded and unified. All functional fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are made in Europe. A perfect separation of the used yeast from the beer or cider, especially at single-phase fermentation of beer or cider when the both fermentation and maturation process are provided in the same tank. Luxury equipment of the tanks. The main advantages are the savings of sanitizing solutions, water and energy, minimized losses of beverages, shorter work time of operator, reduction of production costs. Three years warranty for stainless steel main parts and also for all fittings. The quality class for the most demanding customers.
- SQ : Standard quality – Standard quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. All functional fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are purchased from approved suppliers from Europe. Inspection of all critical welds and joints. The inner surface has a guaranteed roughness Ra<0.8 μm – grinded design, inner surface of the cone part is polished with guaranteed roughness Ra<0.5 μm . Usual equipment af the tanks, usual set of fittings. Tanks in this quality class comply with all European regulations for pressure vessels and food processing plants. Two years warranty for stainless steel main parts, two year for all fittings. It is the most often ordered variation of the tanks for most of our customers.
- LQ : Low quality – Low quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. The most of functional fittings are purchased from suppliers from Asia. The inner and outer surface are not unified. Not guaranteed surface roughness on the inside of the tanks. One year warranty for stainless steel main parts, one year for all fittings. This solution is interesting only for starting small breweries because it saves an investition costs. Unfortunatelly, this brings higher beverage production costs. Longer period of sanitation, greater consumption of the sanitizing solution, energy, labor and hot water. High losses of produced beverages. We don´t offer this quality class for our products, because the equipment with the LQ quality class does not comply with the European regulations for pressure vessels and food processing plants. It is the usual quality of tanks of very cheap world producers of the beverage production tanks.