The cylindrical storage tank for final work with purified beverage (called also serving tank, filling tank, service tank, storage tank, BBT – Bright beer tank). This type of the beverage-production tank is equipped with a horizontal stackable construction, with PUR insulation and double jacket that is cooled by ice water or glycol. This tank has usable volume 800 liters and total volume 959 liters. This professional equipment is designed to storage, serving, carbonization, filtration of beer, cider, wine and other beverages under pressure, and also for preparation of beverages before their filling into kegs or bottles. The vessel is available in several variants, it is made of stainless food steel DIN 1.4301 (AISI 304). The vessel is manufactured containing standardized dimensions and equipment, or according to individual customer requirements. The tank is normally available in several versions (optional dimensions, quality class, maximum pressure). Classic design. PED certificate (optional also GUM, GOST). All parts are made in European Union. The pressure tank is fully manufactured in accordance with European Standard EN 13445.
Technical equipment of the pressure cylindrical tank for finishing beverage BBTHI 800/959 liters
Assembly drawing of the insulated horizontal cylindrical storage tank (model 2015 / SQ / standard dimensions) :
Technical parameters this type of the tank : BBTHI 800 liters
These are the usual standard parameters – the manufacturer reserves the right to change these parameters.
Each customer always approves with the actual parameters of the tank specified in the contract document and in the construction drawings.
All dimensions and prices are calculated without a supporting frame . The supporting frame is designed and calculated individually for each installaton according to customer requirements.
BBTHI-800C - Technical parametersTechnical parameters of the BBTHI-800C : The cylindrical pressure tank for final conditioning of beer or cider, usable volume 800 liters, with PUR insulation, cooled by water/glycol, with horizontal orientation.
Parameters (standard dimensions)
|Vu Usable volume [liters]||800||800||800||800|
|Vt Total volume [liters]||959||959||959||959|
|V1 Front arched part volume [liters]||82||82||82||82|
|V2 Cylindrical part volume [liters]||795||795||795||795|
|V3 Rear arched part volume [liters]||82||82||82||82|
|Dt Total tank diameter [mm]||1 004||1 004||1 004||1 004|
|Dv Inner tank diameter [mm]||900||900||900||900|
|Ht Total height [mm]||1 080||1 080||1 080||1 080|
|Lt Total length [mm]||1 822||1 822||1 822||1 822|
|L1 Front arched part length [mm]||186||186||186||186|
|L2 Cylindrical part length [mm]||1 250||1 250||1 250||1 250|
|L3 Rear arched part bottom length [mm]||186||186||186||186|
|L4 Feet pitch [mm]||1 000||1 000||1 000||1 000|
|L5 Feet width [mm]||450||450||450||450|
|Mn Weight netto [kg]||240||240||240||240|
|Mb Weight brutto [kg]||1 199||1 199||1 199||1 199|
Standard equipment of BBT tanks
|Pressure range (allowed by PED)||0 - 0.5 bar||0 - 3.0 bar||0 - 0.5 bar||0 - 3.0 bar|
|Testing pressure range (tested by producer)||0 - 4.4 bar||0 - 4.4 bar||0 - 4.4 bar||0 - 4.4 bar|
|PED 2014/68/EU certificate||N/A||included||N/A||included|
|Material (Origin in Europe)||AISI 304||AISI 304||AISI 304||AISI 304|
|Inner surface - bottoms + cylinder||2B / Ra||2B / Ra||2C / Ra||2C / Ra|
|Outer surface||2B grinded||2B grinded||2B grinded||2B grinded|
|External sheets - joints||2B grinded||2B grinded||2B grinded||2B grinded|
|PUR insulation||50 mm||50 mm||50 mm||50 mm|
|CT / CJ1 Cooling duplicator on cylinder - in/out welded with G-thread||one cooling zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"||one cooling zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"||one cooling zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"||one cooling zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4"|
|Manhole on the front part||420x340mm opening inward||PED 420x340mm opening inward||420x340mm opening outward||PED 420x340mm opening outward|
|Ovepressure/vacuum safety valve||Max 0.5 / 0.2 bar||Max 3.2 / 0.2 bar||Max 0.5 / 0.2 bar||Max 3.2 / 0.2 bar|
|Bottom filling-draining armature||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC|
|Sample valve||DN10 sanitizable||DN10 sanitizable||DN10 sanitizable||DN10 sanitizable|
|CIP and manometer connection fittings||DN25DC/TC||DN25DC/TC||DN25DC/TC||DN25DC/TC|
|Filling level indicator fixed||included||included||optional||optional|
|Filling level indicator removable||optional||optional||included||included|
|Thermosensor socket||1pc DN9||1pc DN9||1pc DN9||1pc DN9|
|Type label - tank parameters PED||non-PED||included||non-PED||included|
|Minimum operating temperature||-15 °C||-15 °C||-15 °C||-15 °C|
|Maximum operating temperature||+80 °C||+80 °C||+80 °C||+80 °C|
|Guaranteed number of pressure cycles (for max. pressure)||500||500||500||500|
|Standard warranty||2 years||2 years||3 years||3 years|
Special equipment of BBT tanks
|Manometer with glycerine||included||included||included||included|
|Fermentation cap-lock with a pressure fine-adjusting valve||€ 196||€ 196||€ 196||€ 196|
|Pressure fine-adjusting valve without the fermentation lock||included||included||included||included|
|Removable yeast separator for the drain pipe||€ 100||€ 100||€ 100||€ 100|
Equipment optional - surcharge
|Manhole with a sight glass||€ 480||€ 480||€ 480||€ 480|
|Manhole with a full glass||€ 720||€ 720||€ 720||€ 720|
|Ladder||€ 280||€ 280||€ 280||€ 280|
|Universal port for the hop extractor, carbonization, filtration, flotation||€ 40||€ 40||€ 40||€ 40|
|Special armature-set for the hop extractor||€ 200||€ 200||€ 200||€ 200|
|Carbonization stone||€ 440||€ 440||€ 440||€ 440|
|Sanitizing ball-shower - rotational||€ 58||€ 58||included||included|
|Scale on the pressure adjusting valve||€ 120||€ 120||€ 120||€ 120|
|Scale for Filling level indicator mm||€ 203||€ 203||€ 203||€ 203|
|Temperature measuring and control system||see the pricelist||see the pricelist||see the pricelist||see the pricelist|
|Foam compensator for Sample valve||€ 107||€ 107||€ 107||€ 107|
|Non-standard dimensions of the tank by customer||surcharge : 10% and more||surcharge : 10% and more||surcharge : 10% and more||surcharge : 10% and more|
|Custom. equipment of no-PED tank||€ 190||€ 190||€ 190||€ 190|
|Customized equipment of PED tank||€ 1 090||€ 1 090||€ 1 090||€ 1 090|
N/A = Not available
DC = Dairy Coupling DIN 11851, TC = TriClamp DIN 32676 (type of the coupling depends on requirement of a customer)
PED = Certification for pressure vessels required in all EU countries – the EU Directive PED 2014/68/EU Pressure Equipment
The manufacturer reserves the right to change the parameters according to the current availability of materials and fittings. A customer will always receive our production drawing for approval before manufacturing the ordered tank.
Standard equipment – description
- Pressure fine-adjusting valve without the fermentation lock – Simplified mechanism to accurate setting of pressure designed for this type of beverage production tanks with a glycerine manometer (standard range from 0 bar up to 3 bar ) – necessary for keeping beer under pressure during all operations with the tank – in this type of the tank this function is provided by the simplified adjustable pressure valve without the fermentation lock..
- Outer jacket of the tank of stainless steel – Kind of the surface finishing (standard = grinded) choosed by customer.
- Guaranteed inner surface roughness : Ra < 0.8 μm or less (grinded surfaces) / Ra < 0.5 μm or less (polished surfaces)
- Service door (manhole) – The door is positioned on the front arched part (SQ = opening inward / HQ = opening outward)
- Bottom filling/emptying armature – The inlet / outlet pipe with a butterfly valve for filling tank, discharging of yeast and draining of full content of the tank
- Sanitizing ball-shower – CIP sanitizing ball-shower (SQ = statical / HQ = rotational) – one or more pcs according length of the tank
- Sanitation pipe – A multifunction pipe with a ball valve for connection of a shower head to the cleaning-sanitizing CIP station , the adjustable pressure valve with manometer, CO2 inlet
- Sample valve – cleanable and sanitizable sampling cock for collection product samples
- Safety valve – Double-acting overpressure valve (standard = 3.2 bar) and underpressure protection valve (0.2 bar) safety valve – it is included only in the pressure version of the tank
- Venting valve – Dedicated venting valve for safety draining of the tank and for accurate measuring of current pressure in the tank using manometer (it ensures properly function of the manometer when the shower ball shower is blocked with a foam)
- Manometer – It is included in the set of the adjustable pressure valve. Made of stainless steel, with glycerine inside.
- Stackable feet (support plates) – They allow the stacking of the tanks into space-saving assemblies in more horizontal layers.
- Filling level indicator – Sanitizable glass or plastic pipe for visualisation height level of the beverage product in the tank (SQ = fixed / HQ = removable)
- Type label – the steel label with all parameters that are required from European Union for pressure vessels
- PED 2014/68/EU certificate – the European certificate for the overpressure vessel + document for archiving history of the pressure vessel
Optional equipment – description
- Adjustable pressure valve with a manometer and fermentation lock – A special armature that is designed especially to controlled fermentation and maturation of the beer (or sparkline wine or cider) under accurate set pressure.
- Separator of sedimented yeast – a special removable short pipe that is designed to easy separation of yeast under a bottom from clear product above the yeast layer
- Special doors – manholes – secondary site manhole, manhole with sightglass, manhole with glass door
- Special cleaning-sanitizing ball-showers – rotational, pulse or other special cleaning equipment for extreme effective cleaning of the tank
- Universal armature – for dry hopping, flotation, placing of carbonization stone etc.
- Scale for the filling level indicator – a liter scale on a cover of the filling level indicator for visualization of the current product volume in the tank
- Scale for the adjustable pressure valve – a bar scale on a adjustable pressure valve screw for indication of just required pressure in the tank (a manometer shows the current pressure)
- Transport hinges – steel welded hinges for safety transport of the tank with crane or forklift
- Upper support plates for fix of stackable feet of next tank in second floor – They allow the stacking of the tanks into space-saving assemblies in more horizontal layers.
- Adjustable feet – Four legs with rubber feet for accurate horizontal adjusting of the tank on an uneven floor, if the tank is not produced in stackable version
- Temperature measurement and regulation components – we deliver several types of thermosensors, thermometers and also fully equipped temperature control systems for our tanks
- Carbonization stone – the special porous stone for carbonization of beverages from CO2 bottles
- Ladder – for easy operating with accessories of tanks, when tanks are stacked in more layers
- Tank product filling hub – a special tool to easy filling of product (like beer wort , cider must) to the fermentation tank
- Stirring equipment – to stirring contents of the tank, It is mounted on the side of the tank shell
- Other customizations of the tank – according on customer´s requirements – non-standard dimensions, special armatures, special surface and design of the tank etc.
About the cylindrical storage tanks cooled by water or glycol (with insulation and double steel jacket)
… in comparation with similar beverage tanks that are cooled by air
The cylindrical storage tanks for finalizing production of carbonizated beverages (like beer, sparkling wine, cider) that are cooled with liquid is a professional solution for all breweries keepers for whom the savings of operating costs are at the very first place. Tanks include double steel jacket with cooling channels. The coolant liquid flows throug the cooling channels and the beverage inside is very effectivelly cooled and keeped on required temperature without rest heat loses. And what’s more the tanks have a cylindrical part insulated with PUR foam. It is possible to place the tanks in a non-insulated room because polyurethane insulation provides the protection against unwanted escape of heat out of the tanks. Their advantage is mainly a low electric consumption when the tanks are cooled, the need of the less powerful liquid cooler and better comfort for operators because employees of the brewery may not work in cold environment.
Why choose cylindrical pressure vessels with horizontal orientation ?
The advantage is saving place. In the same area we can place a greater number of tanks, if they are arranged in the battery, i.e. in several rows one above another. We recommend this type of the tanks, when your space in the brewery is too small, or the height of the room is too low.
Stacking tanks to multiple levels
We produce also the horizontal tanks that are designed for stacking tanks to multiple levels. Example – double set of the tanks :
I. Dimensional variability of the horizontal storage tank 800 liters :
We produce the cylindrical storage tanks for the beverage production with volume 800 liters in five production lines according to the ratio of the height and diameter of the container. It is advantage for customers, because variable dimensions of tanks is often necessary to adapt for limited space dispositions.
In this eshop we offer only the tank BBTHI 800 liters in standard dimensions. If you need another dimensional variation like wide, slim etc, please send us your request and we will make an individual quote for the tank according to your individual requirements.
Variations of the cylindrical storage tank 800 / Bright beer tank / BBT 800 according to its overpressure limit :
- Medium-pressure cylindrical vessel 800 liters – The maximum available overpressure is 3.0 bar, includes PED certificate for pressure vessels – the container can be used as pressure bright beer tank for tapping of beverages into kegs or bottles, filtration and drafting of beer or cider with manual or automatic fillers.
- High-pressure cylindrical vessel 800 liters – We can produce also the tank equipped with valves for higher overpressure than 3.0 bar – we will prepare an individual offer for the special variants of tank.
Variations of the cylindrical storage tank 800 / Bright beer tank / BBT 800 according to its quality and equipment :
According to quality requirements and financial possibilities of customers we recognize the bright beer tanks with three classes of quality and equipment:
- HQ – High quality – High quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. The inner surface has a guaranteed roughness Ra<0.8 μm – glossy design. The outer surface is unified. All functional armatures and fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are made in Europe or in the USA. Luxury equipment of the tanks. The main advantages are the savings of sanitizing solutions, water and energy, minimized losses of beverages, shorter work time, reduction of production costs. Three years warranty for stainless steel main parts and also for the fittings. The quality class for the most demanding customers.
- SQ – Standard quality – Standard quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. All functional armatures and fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are purchased from approved suppliers from Europe or USA. Inspection of all critical welds and joints. The inner surface has a guaranteed roughness Ra=0.8μm – semi glossy design. Usual equipment af the vessels, usual set of fittings. Tanks in this quality class comply with all European regulations for pressure vessels and food processing plants. Two years warranty for stainless steel main parts, two year for the fittings. It is the most often ordered quality variation of tanks for our customers.
- LQ – Lower quality – Lower quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. The most of functional armatures and fittings are purchased from approved suppliers from Asia. The inner and outer surface are not unified. Not guaranteed surface roughness on the inside of the containers. This solution is interesting only for starting small breweries because it saves an investition costs. Unfortunatelly, this brings higher beverage production costs. Longer period of sanitation, greater consumption of the sanitizing solution, energy, labor and hot water. High losses of produced beverages. We don´t offer this quality class for our products, because the equipment with the LQ quality class does not comply with the European regulations for pressure vessels and food processing plants. It is the quality of tanks of very cheap world producers of the tanks.
BBT - Cylindrical storage tanks for finalizing production of beer or cider : Quality + Equipment
|Specification and equipment||HQ||SQ||LQ|
|Production of the "Czech Brewery System"||optional||standard||we don´t offer|
|Production of our competitors (usual reality)||rarely||optional||standard|
|Main equipment - producers||Europe||Europe||Asia|
|*** Inner surface - roughness||Ra||Ra = 0.8μm||Ra > 0.8μm|
|*** Inner surface - sheen||glossy||semi glossy||matte|
|Outer surface - united design||yes||no||no|
|Connections of outer steel sheets||welved||welved||riveted|
|* PUR insulation||> 50 mm||> 40 mm|
|Thickness of the inner steel sheets||> 3 mm||> 3 mm|
|* Thickness of the outer steel sheets||> 1,5 mm||> 1,5 mm|
|* Penetration test||yes||yes||no|
|Design, technical solutions and equipment quality||100%||100%||unspecified|
|Filling level indicator - sanitable||yes||yes||no|
|Filling level indicator - with scale||yes||extra charge||no|
|Vacuum-overpressure safety valve||yes||yes||yes|
|** Independent safe overpressure valve||3.3bar||3.3bar||no|
|Rotary shower - pressurizing nozzle||yes||yes||extra charge|
|Inlet / outlet valve||yes||yes||yes|
|Sampling valve - removable||yes||yes||no|
|Overpressure manhole (upper or side)||yes||yes||yes|
|* Cooling heat exchange area of duplicators||> 60%||> 60%|
|Thermosensor for each cooling zone||yes||yes||yes|
|Certificate of pressure tank according to PED 2014 / 68 / EU||yes - always||yes - always||extra charge|
|Warranty||36 months||24 months||12 months|
Asterisks: *= only for insulated BB tanks cooled by glycol **= only for volume > 1000L ***= only for volume > 300L
Our quality declaration: Why to buy serving tanks just from us?
- We design, manufacture, weld, mount and test of all vessels (excluding non-pressure vessels) in accordance with the strict European standards and guidelines for pressure vessels ( EU Directive PED 2014/68/EU Pressure Equipment ). I.e :
- Each pressure vessel contains a double-acting air vent valve (prevents against an over pressurization or implosion of the tank during its charging / discharging)
- Each pressure vessel also contains an independent overpressure safety valve (prevents against a very dangerous overpressurization of the vessel and the subsequent explosion during a malfunction or insufficient capacity of the double acting air vent valve)
- Each pressure vessel is designed by certified designer who is qualified for the designing and calculation of pressure vessels.
- Production documentation for each pressure vessel containing static strength calculation , the exact description of a right manufacturing process , including the required types of welds, thickness of material, critical points solutions.
- All the manufactured pressure vessels are subjected to rigorous testing of tightness and porosity of welds, using a special liquid that detects even the slightest unwanted leaks, pores or micro-cracks = The Penetration Test
- Pressure vessels are tested at overpressure which is at least 1 bar higher than the overpressure, for which containers are certified.
- The Protocol on the tightness and pressure tests and the EU declaration of conformity are issued to all pressure vessels. We also attach the Document of pressure tank history. , at the request of the customer.
- Manufacturing processes, design drawings, manufacturing, tightness and pressure tests are supervised by an inspector of TÜV or another authorized and certified company, supplying quality control and verification compliance with European standards.
- Each pressure vessel contains an indelible nameplate with the obligatory name of the manufacturer, the ultimate pressure or other data that uniquely identifies the concrete pressure vessel in accordance with EU PED 2014/68/EU
- We produce food containers fundamentally from food-friendly stainless steel that fully comply with the Regulation of the European Parliament and Council Regulation EC no. 1935/2004 . These materials do not release their constituents to food in quantities which could endanger human health or bring about an unacceptable changes in the composition of food or a deterioration in their organoleptic and sensory characteristics in contact with food under normal or foreseeable conditions. We do not use cheap stainless steel with lower quality, which will soon lose their corrosion resistance and inactivity to food, especially after repeated contact with aggresive solutions during the cleaning and sanitizing process.
- We are looking into suppliers of construction and installation materials and components from which we produce equipment for food production and handling. We do not buy any material from importers who are unable to prove its European origins and characteristics.
- All the tanks, which we design for serving, serving and storage of beverages, have optimized dimensions for the serving processes, serving process, carbonation, carried out in accordance with technological standards for beverages production. We never determine the dimensions of the tanks only by estimate .
- All tanks that are made in HQ quality class, are produced with the guaranteed inner surface roughness of Ra = 0.8 microns (except in very small tanks and terminate-welds on medium-size tanks), which is the European standard prescribed roughness of the inner surfaces of the tanks that come into contact with food and sanitation alkalic and acid solutions. Guaranteed roughness of the inner surface of the vessel is extremely important to ensure thorough cleaning and sanitation tanks. This is an essential prerequisite for achieving purity and sterility of food production equipment. We guarantee this limited roughness for 80% of the interior surface also for the tanks, which are produced in the SQ quality. We repeatedly do measurements of all internal surfaces of tanks with the special roughness-meter TR-130 during all their manufacturing process. We polish the inner surface of the tank until the desired roughness is reached.
- Each container is designed and manufactured in such a way as to ensure easy cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces that come into contact with food. Therefore, the vessels are equipped with at least one sanitation shower, removable and sanitizable fill level-indicators and sampling cocks. We do not use any cheap armatures, for which the manufacturer has failed to sanitary design and cleanability.
- Tanks in HQ quality class have an united outer surface . All joints of the outer sheets (thickness at least 2 mm) are either welded or completely sealed. This is important to prevent ingress of moisture into the double casing, moistening the insulating material and the loss of insulating ability. This ensures a consistent quality and insulating capacity of the tanks. For containers in SQ quality the external sheets are usually riveted and they have a thickness of at least 1 mm.
- We isolate all the pressure vessels by quality PUR foam . The insulating polyuretan foam is professionally applied to the insulating space of the tanks so as to avoid formation of thermal bridges, unisolated empty space or deformation of tanks. We do not use cheap little functional replacements for the isolation of the tanks such as insulating wool, polystyrene beads, inexpertly applied foam.
- Diameters of nozzles, valves and piping are sized correctly according to the volume and vessel function – we do not mount underpowered functional elements on the tanks.
- The warranty for the tanks produced in HQ is at least 24-36 months. The warranty on tank in SQ quality is 18 months. The practical life of the tanks is usually several decades, while elements with lower lifetime (valves, seals, etc.) can usually to be easily replaced with a new standardized elements of the same or another manufacturer.
If you are comparing our prices with competitors, please always make sure that any other manufacturer guarantees the same quality as our company offers.