Filling head is a special coupler designed for the isobaric manual filling the stainless steel or plastic barrels with carbonated beverages (beer, cider, sparkling wine etc.)
The filling head contains:
- ball valve with the pipe threaded conection 5/8″ – beverage input
- ball valve with the pipe threaded conection 5/8″ – pressure gas input
- ball valve with the pipe threaded conection 5/8″ – overpressure output
- KEG coupler (A, D, G, M, S, U type)
Six models of the filling head with different couplers – designed for the most common types of stainless steel kegs:
The procedure of filling of the keg using the filling head :
- Sterilize both the coupler and the filling connector on the keg using some sanitizing solution with alcohol.
- Connect the filling head using the bottom connector onto the keg.
- Close the valves No 1 and 3.
- Open the valve No 2 and fill pressure CO2 gas into the keg. We recommend to set the pressure in the keg lower than is the pressure in the source tank.
- Check the pressure on manometer during the filling process.
- Close the valve No 2 when you reach the target pressure in the keg.
- Open the valve for beverage input No 1. At the same time slightly open the valve No 3 and let release the CO2 out from the keg. The pressure in the keg rises during the filling.
- Slowly open the valve No 3. When the beverage with foam leaks out then the keg is full.
- Close all valves at this moment and disconnect the coupler from the keg. The keg is full now.
- Disconnect the filling head from the keg.
Filling of the 50-liters keg takes from 1 up to 4 minutes – the time depends on the chosen overpressure and beer type.