The wort production machine (brewhouse ) BREWORX TRITANK 1000 is an industrial compact food machine which includes all necessary equipment to production 1180 liters of wort (it is an optimal volume for production approximately 1000 liters of beer) in one brew batch from malt (or malt extract or wort concentrate), hops and drinking water. The BREWORX TRITANK is a powerful machine equipped with three separated functional tanks. Some tanks have more functions : 1st tank = mashing tank (tank to mixing malt in water) + wort boiling tank (tank to boiling of wort), 2nd tank = wort filtration tank (tank to filtration of wort) + 3rd tank = whirlpool (tank to separation of hop from wort + tank to temporary storage of hot wort) . The operation platform, measuring and control system and supporting frame are also parts of the machine.
The design of the machine is maximally tailored to the requirements of the high efficiency of the wort production, while maintaining its good ergonomics.
This wort production machine is the main part of the BREWORX COMPACT 1000 medium-size industrial breweries. Primary function of this machine is the production of wort using either infusion (infusion) or decoction boiling method (decoction). Wort is an intermediate necessary product in production of beer. Beer then arises from wort after its fermentation and maturation in special pressure tanks – fermenters.
The Breworx Tritank 1000 brewing system with a triangular floor plan (standard):
The Breworx Tritank 1000 brewing system with the square floor plan (optionally) :
The compact wort production machine BREWORX TRITANK 1000 is a compact industrial machine which includes all necessary equipment to produce 1180 liters of wort in one batch. It is three-vessels brewhouse wherein containers are connected by common service platform. This we have achieved full functionality brewing while we retained the traditional design of the Czech type brewhouse which is ideal for producing of world-famous Czech type beer. However, this brewhouse is fully capable for manufacturing all types of beer, which is produced anywhere in the world.
The brewhouse BREWORX TRITANK 1000 includes in standard :
- mashing tank – kettel for boiling
- wort filtration tank – for filtering
- whirlpool – for separation of hop dregs from wort
- laboratory sink
- control panel
- platform with steps
- all pipes and wires connections
- all mechanically and automatically controlled valves and armatures
- electric switchboard cabinet
- control computer (only version with AC control system)
Options and properties
Two kinds of a raw material for production of wort :
- Classical raw materials : Malt + hops + drinking water + brewer’s yeast + (optionally other ingrediences)
- Beer concentrates : Malt extract + hops + drinking water + brewer’s yeast + (optionally other ingrediences)
Four production capacities of the brewhouse :
- 1180 liters of wort per day – one batch during 12 hours – source raw materials are malt or malt extract, hops, drinking water and brewer’s yeast
- 2360 liters of wort per day – two batches during 24 hours – source raw materials are malt or malt extract, hops, drinking water and brewer’s yeast
- 3540 liters of wort per day – three batches during 24 hours – source raw materials are malt extract, hops, drinking water and brewer’s yeast
- 4720 liters of wort per day – four batches during 24 hours – source raw materials are malt extract, hops, drinking water and brewer’s yeast
Practical design :
- SD – Stainless steel design – all tanks are fully made of stainless steel AISI 304
- BLMS – Brewlock quick door-lock system – simple BLMS system allows very quick locking and unlocking of all upper doors of the tanks by only one hand (with the glass door design)
Powerful heating system :
- SH – Steam heating – the heating of the tank kettles is performed by hot steam produced by the steam-generator. Heating by hot steam significantly speeds up the boiling process. This is the best and very safety system for the heating of wort without danger caramelization of malt. This system requires a connection of the brewhouse to electric, gas or pellet steam-generator that is not included in the wort brew machine (see an optional accessories).
Heating the wort with a special convectional turbular heating chamber
A special turbular heater is integrated into the mashing tank. Its function is the intensive convectional heating of wort in the wort boiling process. How the special convectional heating of wort works :
Two available control systems :
- SACS | Semi-automatic control – The semi-automatic control of the brewhouse with the support of PLC with most operations controlled from the central control panel with controls and sensing elements. The control panel is designed as a touchscreen – centrally are controlled motors, heating and opening and closing several important valves on the media pipes. The most valves and flaps on the brewhouse pipe system is controlled manually.
- FACS | Automatic control – automatically controlled brewhouse supported by industrial computer which automatically controls the production of wort and requires little user´s interaction. Features such as heating of the brewhouse, stirrer speed, pumps running, valves and control valves are computer controlled and adjusted to a central control panel with touchscreen.
Wire sieve to acceleration process filtering of wort
Special wire sieve to filtering wort during the wort brew process has by 30% bigger filtering area in comparation with the classic filtering sieves where the holes are cut using a profiled knife. The main benefit is faster filtering of wort through the malt sediment layer. This is useful during filtration of wort through the malt grain sediment when some stronger beer types are produced. It is important to avoid excessive oxidation of the wort during the filtering process.
What the SACS semi-automatic control system includes
The semi-automatic control system is part of the wort brew machine in the basic version (manual control) and it is included in the price of the brewhouse.
- In semi-automatic mode, the operator can adjust the exact amount of water to fill the brewhouse.
- The operator can set up to 4 different heating steps (temperature in ° C). Everything is showed and controled simply on the touchscreen.
- The PLC system also controls the brewing pump speed.
The operator can adjust the volumes of liquids and mashes that he needs pump into containers.
- The operator can adjust the amount of water he needs to fill into the boiling vessel.
- In the wort filtering process, the system automatically senses the underpressure under the sieve and controls the suction speed of the pump to prevent malt spent grains from being squeezed on the sieve – preventing sieve clogging.
- In the wort cooling process, the system automatically regulates the wort flow rate across the plate heat exchanger to achieve a constant desired wort temperature at the cooler outlet to the fermenters.
- The centrifugal pump is equipped with an induction flow meter connected to the PLC.
- Pneumatic valves are fitted to the water inlet and steam inlet in the brewhouse, they can be operated from the touch screen.
- A pulse flowmeter is installed at the water inlet of the brewhouse.
- All remaining valves and flaps are operated manually by the operator. Their current status is not shown on the display.
The control system may work in two modes :
- Fully manual control
- Semi-automatic control
The operator can freely switch between the two modes.
Why to choose AC system for brewing control ? Main reasons are :
- Elimination of human errors – machine accurately and timely perform necessary tasks
- Costs saving for owner – only one worker is necessary for manipulating in the brewery
- Minimize the number of error conditions in the brewery – everything is still under control
- Monitoring and registration of the production process into the computer memory
- Minimization of requirements for constant operator attention – early reaction of machine
- Stable quality of beer – standard manufacturing procedures are always observed
- Six pre-programmed recipes – for production of the most known types of beer : Pils, Lager, Black, Weissenbeer, Ale, Special
- Manual brewing mode – for production of all other types of beer
- Special sanitation mode – for automatic cleaning,sanitizing and sterilization of the brewhouse, wort pipes, armatures and other brewery equipment
We emphatically recommend choose the automatic brewhouse control system for this type of brewhouse and also the automatic control system for media and fermentation & maturation process !
The computer brewhouse automatic control system always ensures the right brewing operations timing without damaged wort batches.
The automatic control system for media and fermentation & maturation process allows automatic monitoring and controlling of the most important parts of beer fermentation and maturation process (from 1 to 30 tanks max) and operations with media.
How looks the automatic control panel ? This is a main menu. Choose one from several beer types or other functions, fill stackes by all required raw materials, then click and let the computer to brew your beer :
Special functions :
- CIP function – the special mode ensures cleaning, sanitization and sterilization of the brewhouse, wort pipes and optionally also other devices in the brewery
Wort mashing and boiling tank
- Usable capacity 1 990 l
- Dimensions Ø 1 300 mm, height 1 500 mm
- Steam-heated bottom area 1.13 m2
- Steam-heated cylindrical area 0.56 m2
- Steam valve ASCOjucomatik DN 20
- Steam condensate discharge DN 20
- Four-arm agitator with gearbox, output power 355 Nm, input power 1.1 kW
- Lighting 12V 35W
- 2x Sanitary rotating shower DN 20
- Steam outgoing pipe DN 100, 3x spraying device
- Insulation 50 mm plasticized cotton,
- external jacketing copper 1 mm (only for CD – Copper Design version)
- Top cover in copper + steamer imitation DN 200 (only for CD – Copper Design version)
- Measuring rod with ČMI-cz certification/directive 71/316/EEC
- Heating the wort with a special convectional turbular heating chamber
Lauter tun – Wort filtering tank
- Usable capacity 1 368 liters
- Dimensions Ø 1 320 mm, height 1200 mm
- Filtration bottom 6 segments with 12% permeability
- Nozzles for rinsing under wire 3 pc
- Stirrer 2 arms, 8 blades
- Gearbox 500 Nm, input power 2 200 W
- Lighting 12V 35W
- Mechanical temperature indicator 0-120ºC stainless steel
- 2x Sanitary rotating shower DN 20
- Three-way setting valve with sight glass DN 50
- Brewer’s grains discharge 420*540
- Equipment for automatic grains discharge
- Insulation 50 mm plasticized cotton,
- external jacketing stainless steel 1 mm
- Top cover in stainless steel
Whirlpool – wort swirl tank
- Usable capacity 1 356 liters
- Dimensions Ø 1 200 mm, height 1200 mm
- Service manhole with a glassed door 430*340 mm
- 2x Sanitary rotating shower DN 20
- Tangential nozzle DN 20
- Filling level indicator DN 20
- Fermenting valve 2x DN 25
- Insulation 50 mm plasticized cotton,
- External jacketing stainless steel 1 mm
- Primary line DN 50, 5x flap valve DN 50
- Drain line DN 50, 3x flap valve DN 50
- Sanitary line DN 32, 4x valve DN 32
- Water supply and additional lines DN 32, 5x valve DN 32
- Beer wort filter 2000l/h/DN 80
- Mashing /fermentation pump DWO 150 Ebara
- Input power 1.5 W
- H max. 2.2 bar
- pump controlled by frequency converter Fronic 1.5 kW
- Main switch 3x 25A with central stop button
- Motor starter 3x 2,5-4A
- 1x Frequency converter Fronic mini 1.5 kW
- 2x Frequency converter Fronic mini 0.75 kW
- Digital temperature regulator of mash kettle Dixel XR20D
- Digital regulator of wort output temperature Dixel XR20D
- Circuit breaker 6A 230V
- Circuit breaker 10A 230V
- Circuit breaker 4A 230V
- Plastic DIN switchboard, 36 modules
- 5*1,5 18 m
- 5*2,5 10 m
- 3*1 48 m
Dimensions and weight
- Weight 1 883 kg
- Height 2750
- Room size minimum height 3 100 mm
- Width 3 900 mm
- Depth 3 900 mm
This boiling equipment is mounted in a rigid frame made of 1.4301, 8 pc adjustable supports installed in its bottom part.
- Wort discharge pipe DN 25
- Cold water supply DN 25
- Hot water supply DN 25
- Drain line DN 50
- Electro 5*2,5 6000 W
- Wash basin with combined lever taps assembly
- Cooling device for samples
- Flow meter DN 25 of water supply
- Water filter
- Combined water taps assembly with digital indication of temperatures
- Steps to service bridge 750*730*585 mm
This equipment is usually shipped in assembled state with exception for copper covers, steamer for steam condensation, steps of service bridge and electric switchboard.
Optional accessories and upgrades
|Recommended options and additional equipment for improvement of the wort brew machine Breworx Tritank 1000||Prices (EUR)|
|| ELS : Electric lift of the knife-stirrer in the filtering tank (lifting up to 200mm)
This customization of the wort brew machine allows you very variable setting position of the knife-stirrer inside the filtering tank. This is useful during filtration of wort through the malt grain sediment when some stronger beer types are produced. The lifting of the knife-stirrer ensures you to speed up the process of souring wort. This is important to avoid excessive oxidation of the wort during the filtering process.
|| EFT : Enlarged filtering tanks to production of stronger beer types with EPM (plato) higher than 15°
The special customization – the filtration tank with diameter by 20% larger than standard version of the (wort filtration tank). This customization of the wort brew machine allows production of beer types with EPM (Plato) from 12 to 17 (Our brew machines with the standard filtering tank are optimalized for production beer types with EPM (Plato) from 10 to 15). According to customer´s requirements we can produce the wort brew machines with more larger diameters as well (the price will be calculated individually).
|Square shape of the service platform
Special optional shape of the brewhouse with a square service platform. The advantage is more space on the operating platform (suitable, for example, for placing bags with ground malt or hops), better ergonomics for the operating staff. Requires more space in the brewery.
|Fully-welded outer stainless steel jacket – without rivets and with glossy outer surface||7500|
|Secondary pump – extra pump to pumping of wort out from the whirlpool tank (the double-pump system accelerates the wort brew cycle when more than one batch per day is produced)||2170|
|PID control – for the automatic hot steam heating of the kettle + three-phase steam heating (for accelerating of the wort brew cycle)||2090|
|Later upgrade to full automatic control system (from the semi-automatic system) – this option must be contracted before the production of the brewhouse||32890|
- ACS – Automatic control system – automatic brewing process of wort fully controlles by computer
- STG – Steam generator – necessary only for version with the steam heating system
- WCS – Wort cooling system – equipment for controlled hot wort cooling to the fermentation temperature (7°C or 25°C depending on the type of beer)
- MMG – Mill of malt grains – equipment for grinding of malt – necessary only for production of wort from malt (not necessary for production of wort from malt extract)
- LEA – Laboratory equipment and accessories – saccharimeters, alcoholmeters, graduated cylinder, wooden rod for manual level measurement
- HWT – Heat water tank – An insulated stainless steel tank with electrical and steam hesters for heating water and storage of heated water which is heated during the wort cooling process. This hot water is needed for some operations in the brewery like production of wort, cleaning of brewing tanks and fermentation tanks etc..
- ITWT – Tank for cold treated water – Insulated stainless steel tank for cooling, storaging and pumping of ice water which is necessary in wort cooling process. This treated drinking ice water is heated in wort cooling process and becomes then hot water storaged in HWT. If is not available drinking water with requested chemical composition, it is needed to use some equipment for water treatment – WTS. Available for breweries with one-level wort cooling system – we recomment it for brewhouses with production capacity above 1000 liters of wort per one brew, instead ICWT tank.
- ICWT – Tank for cooling ice water – insulated vessel for cooling, storaging and pumping of ice water which is necessary in cooling of wort, and for cooling all beer production tanks and fermenters. This treated drinking water works as a cooling media during the cooling process of wort and then is comming back to the storage tank where is cooled down again to next use. Available for breweries with two-level wort cooling system – we recommend it for breweries with production capacity maximally 1000 liters of wort per one brew instead the ITWT tank.
- WTS – Water treatment systems – an equipment for treating of cold water, if water does not suit requested chemical composition for production of choosed type of beer. It is always needed a chemical analysis for assessment of suitable water chemical composition before delivery of a brewery..
Example layout of a brewery with the Tritank 1000 wort brew machine :
BTS – Brewer´s teaching services – We recommend use this service before start operation of any new brewery equipped with an original Czech brewing technology. All courses are teached by certified Czech specialist for production of beer. The course takes place in Czechia or in the country of the customer, according to customer´s requirement.