“HOPS EXTRACTOR” – Dry hopping tank – is an equipment for extraction of aromatic active substances from hops into cold beer (dry hopping) – an infusion of hop extracts to finalized cold beer after finalizing the beer fermentation process. This equipment is used in the production of strongly bitter beer types, such as IPA (India Pale Ale). The capacity of the hop tank is 25 liters.
A cylindrical vessel on three legs with wheels. It is used to dissolve granulated hops in finished beer. It does not increase the bitterness of beer and it supports the special aroma of hops. Effective extraction of hops, a united and definable beer aroma, reduces the consumption of hops. This equipment is simply used and It can be easily integrated into the existing fermentation and filling.
Why to use the “HOPS EXTRACTOR”?
- It emphasizes the aroma of hops in beer
- Sensitive and careful dissolution of hop pellets (type 45 and 90) in the cold beer
- Optimal extraction and increase in the proportion of essential oils in finished beer
- Fixed period of the extraction of hops
- Without heating, absence of agitators
- Excellent separation of extracted substances – it does not cause problems during a filtration
Scheme of the recommended connections and all needed equipment for the cold extraction of hop into beer
We recommend to use the hop extractor with a peristaltic or membrane pump. The process of dry hopping is optimally done when the entire volume of the beer tank flowed through the equipment – “HOPS EXTRACTOR”.
How does it work:
- Firstly, open a top lid of the “HOPS EXTRACTOR” (unscrew all screws).
- Fill with: hop pellets (20% of the total volume of the “HOPS EXTRACTOR”) and close the top lid, tighten all screws of the lid.
- Connect a beer tank and the “HOPS EXTRACTOR” with the membrane pump according to the picture above.
- Push air out – start to fill the “HOPS EXTRACTOR” with beer and open the top CO2 inlet. The air will be pushed out through the opened valve. Close the top part when the hop extractor is full of beer.
- If the pressure in the tank of the “HOPS EXTRACTOR” is too low, refill CO2 into the tank from the CO2 bottle.
- Open all valves in the circle. (Input and output: “HOPS EXTRACTOR”, input and output of the beer tank).
- Turn on the membrane pump (2 – 6 hours). The time of the dry hopping depends on a volume of the beer tank.
- Push all beer – start to fill the “HOPS EXTRACTOR” with CO2 and open a bottom HG outlet. Beer will be pushed out through the opened valve.
- Close all valves in the circle. (Input and output: “HOPS EXTRACTOR”, input and output of the beer tank)
- Reconnect the system, clean and disinfect the “HOPS EXTRACTOR”, pump and hose.
- If the pressure in the tank is too low, refill CO2 into the tank from the CO2 bottle.
- Your beer is now ready.
Technical parameters :
- Height … 1446 mm
- Width …. 769 mm
- Diameter … 204 x 204 mm
- Weight … 33 kg
- Total volume of the container … 28 l
- Usable volume of the container … 23 l (capacity for dry hops)
- Designed for use with beer tanks up to 1000 liters
- Special permeable candle made of stainless steel.
- Simple sanitation when connected to CIP station
- Material – stainless steel AISI 304
Legal restriction : This product is not available for customers in Germany and USA.
Recommended accessories :
A membrane pump for beer circulation
A diaphragm pump (made from stainless steel) for feeding beer or cider into a filler, Hop extractor or other equipment for product finishing. This device works without electrical consumption – it needs only pressure air and a pressure reduction valve. Minimalized mechanical impact on beer. Pump volume power : 100 – 160 liters / min. (6.0 – 9.6 m3 / hour). This pump includes a certificate for use with food processing – ATEST EN 1935/2004.