Special module, which integrates the unit for cooling of the wort consists of the plate heat exchanger for cooling of the wort with integrated porous stone in the pipe for the aeration of the wort , ice water tank 400 liters (ITWT) and the hot water tank 400 liters (HWT) on a shared frame with the wheels or adjustable legs. Ice water is pre-chilled by an external water chiller in the primary tank (ITWT). Ice water is intended to cooling of wort in the heat plate exchanger and also for accurate mixing with hot water before the wort preparation process. Then the water is heated and stored as hot water in the second tank (HWT) and is ready for next use. The hot water tank is equipped also its own electric heating system for pre-heating of water. Hot water is needed in the wort brew process and for cleaning and sanitizing of the all brewery equipment. Most often brewers use the hot water for preparing the next batch of brewing, but also when washing and sanitizing other equipment in microbrewery. This recuperation of waste heat from wort cooling contributes to substantial savings in beer production costs.
Compatible with wort brew machines Breworx Modulo Classic 250A and Breworx Modulo Lite-ME 250A – only versions with the electric-oil heating system and the automatic control system.
The WCUHWT-400A unit contains :
1) Insulated tank ITWT-400 for storing 400 liters of ice treated water.
2) Insulated tank HWT-400 for storing 400 liters of hot water.
3) Cooling unit with integrated condenser, which provides cooling in a cold water tank to a temperature of about 1 ° C from the initial temperature of about 15 ° C in 10-20 hours – only WCUHWT-400AC version. The WCUHWT-400A version uses an external cooler that is not part of this modul.
4) Plate heat exchanger, ensuring effective transfer of the cold from ice water into wort.
5) Wort-aerator with porous stainless steel stone for aeration of wort before start of fermentation process.
6) Water pump to ensuring of necessary pressure of iced treated water.
7) Water pump to ensuring of necessary pressure of hot water.
8) Valves and flanges for connection of hoses or stainless steel pipes.
9) Chassis with wheels or adjustable feet for easy handling of the unit and safe positioning on uneven ground.
10) HWT is equipped with electric heating elements for preparation of hot water.
11) The electric switch cabinet which includes all electric elements needed for measuring and control of the heating and cooling operations, dosing water into the wort brew system, data cooperation with the automatic control system of the wort brew process.
Heat recovery and utilization of hot water with the WCUHWT unit
The WCUHWT unit in the brewery without hot water tank allows recovery to 95% of the heat , produced during wort cooling – resulting hot water is collected in full volume in the tank for hot water. Hot water will be used for the next cycle of subsequent wort boiling, or for washing and sanitizing of brewhouse, tanks and other equipment in the brewery.
Parameters of mostly used WCUHWT units :
|Type of WCUHWT unit||WCUHWT 150||WCUHWT 250||WCUHWT 300||WCUHWT 500||WCUHWT 750||WCUHWT 1000|
|Number of blocks||1 block||1 block||1 block||1 block||1 block||1 block|
|Ice water tank [liters]||150||250||300||500||750||1000|
|Heat water tank [liters]||150||250||300||500||750||1000|
|Self-heating system for heat water||included||included||included||included||included||included|
|Preparing ice water 2øC [hours]||6 hours||6 hours||6 hours||12 hours||12 hours||12 hours|
|Type of independent cooler||1x CLC-03||1x VLVI-03||1x CLC-03||2x CLC-03||2x CLC-03||3x CLC-03|
|Cooling the wort to 20 ø C - volume liters / 24 hours||300 L||500 L||600 L||1000 L||1500 L||2000 L|
|Cooling the wort to 90 ø C - volume liters / 24 hours||150 L||250 L||300 L||500 L||750 L||1000 L|
|Heating water by heating element 15øC > 90øC||2 hours||2 hours||2 hours||2 hours||2.5 hours||3 hours|
|Heating water by wort cooling 2øC > 90øC||1/2 hour||1/2 hour||1/2 hour||1/2 hour||1/2 hour||1/2 hour|
|Netto weight [kg]||520||580||700||820||1030||1210|
|Brutto weight [kg]||820||1080||1300||1820||2530||3210|
|Refrigerant - cooler primary||R 404A||R 404A||R 404A||R 404A||R 404A||R 404A|
|Refrigerant - cooler second.||glycol -4°C||glycol -4°C||glycol -4°C||glycol -4°C||glycol -4°C||glycol -4°C|
|Refrigerant - cooling wort||water 2°C||water 2°C||water 2°C||water 2°C||water 2°C||water 2°C|
|Electrical input connection||1/N/PE AC 230V 50Hz||1/N/PE AC 230V 50Hz||1/N/PE AC 230V 50Hz||1/N/PE AC 230V 50Hz||3phase AC 400V 50Hz||3phase AC 400V 50Hz|
|Electri. input cooling [kW]||0,6||0,6||0,6||1,2||1,2||1,8|
|Electri. input heating [kW]||3||3||6||6||9||9|
|Electrical protection||16 A/C||16 A/C||16 A/C||16 A/C||32 A/C||32 A/C|
|Min. environment temperature||1 °C||1 °C||1 °C||1 °C||1 °C||1 °C|
|Max. environment temperature||30 °C||30 °C||30 °C||30 °C||30 °C||30 °C|