Special module, which integrates the unit for cooling of the wort consists of heat exchanger, ice water tank 300 liters and independent water cooler for cooling of the wort , stone for aeration of the wort and the hot water tank 300 liters on a shared frame with the wheels and adjustable legs. Hot water that we receive from cooling of the wort in the first stage of cooling (in the plate heat exchanger integrated in the brewhouse) is collected in a stainless steel insulated tank and is ready for use. Most often brewers use the hot water for preparing the next batch of brewing, but also when washing and sanitizing other equipment in microbrewery. This recuperation of waste heat from wort cooling contributes to substantial savings in production costs.
The WCUHWT-300 unit contains :
1) Insulated tank ITWT-300 for storing 300 liters of ice treated water.
2) Insulated tank HWT-300 for storing 300 liters of hot water.
3) Cooling unit with integrated condenser, which provides cooling in a cold water tank to a temperature of about 1 ° C from the initial temperature of about 15 ° C in 10-20 hours.
4) Plate heat exchanger, ensuring effective transfer of the cold from ice water into wort.
5) Wort aerator with stainless steel stone for aeration of wort before start of fermentation process.
6) Pump for the necessary flow of ice-water through the plate exchanger.
7) Pump for creating a pressure in the hot water pipes when using the stored hot water.
8) Valves and flanges for connection of hoses or stainless steel pipes.
9) Chassis with wheels and adjustable feet for easy handling of the unit and safe positioning on uneven ground.
10) HWT is equipped with electric heating elements for preparation of hot water.
Heat recovery and utilization of hot water with the WCUHWT unit
The WCUHWT unit in the brewery without hot water tank allows recovery to 95% of the heat , produced during wort cooling – resulting hot water is collected in full volume in the tank for hot water. Hot water will be used for the next cycle of subsequent wort boiling, or for washing and sanitizing of brewhouse, tanks and other equipment in the brewery.
Parameters of mostly used WCUHWT units :
|Type of WCUHWT unit||WCUHWT 150||WCUHWT 250||WCUHWT 300||WCUHWT 500||WCUHWT 750||WCUHWT 1000|
|Number of blocks||1 block||1 block||1 block||1 block||1 block||1 block|
|Ice water tank [liters]||150||250||300||500||750||1000|
|Heat water tank [liters]||150||250||300||500||750||1000|
|Self-heating system for heat water||included||included||included||included||included||included|
|Preparing ice water 2øC [hours]||6 hours||6 hours||6 hours||12 hours||12 hours||12 hours|
|Type of independent cooler||1x CLC-03||1x VLVI-03||1x CLC-03||2x CLC-03||2x CLC-03||3x CLC-03|
|Cooling the wort to 20 ø C - volume liters / 24 hours||300 L||500 L||600 L||1000 L||1500 L||2000 L|
|Cooling the wort to 90 ø C - volume liters / 24 hours||150 L||250 L||300 L||500 L||750 L||1000 L|
|Heating water by heating element 15øC > 90øC||2 hours||2 hours||2 hours||2 hours||2.5 hours||3 hours|
|Heating water by wort cooling 2øC > 90øC||1/2 hour||1/2 hour||1/2 hour||1/2 hour||1/2 hour||1/2 hour|
|Netto weight [kg]||520||580||700||820||1030||1210|
|Brutto weight [kg]||820||1080||1300||1820||2530||3210|
|Refrigerant - cooler primary||R 404A||R 404A||R 404A||R 404A||R 404A||R 404A|
|Refrigerant - cooler second.||glycol -4°C||glycol -4°C||glycol -4°C||glycol -4°C||glycol -4°C||glycol -4°C|
|Refrigerant - cooling wort||water 2°C||water 2°C||water 2°C||water 2°C||water 2°C||water 2°C|
|Electrical input connection||1/N/PE AC 230V 50Hz||1/N/PE AC 230V 50Hz||1/N/PE AC 230V 50Hz||1/N/PE AC 230V 50Hz||3phase AC 400V 50Hz||3phase AC 400V 50Hz|
|Electri. input cooling [kW]||0,6||0,6||0,6||1,2||1,2||1,8|
|Electri. input heating [kW]||3||3||6||6||9||9|
|Electrical protection||16 A/C||16 A/C||16 A/C||16 A/C||32 A/C||32 A/C|
|Min. environment temperature||1 °C||1 °C||1 °C||1 °C||1 °C||1 °C|
|Max. environment temperature||30 °C||30 °C||30 °C||30 °C||30 °C||30 °C|