Universal cylindrical pressure tank with 18000 liters of nominal capacity, with horizontal orientation and PUR insulation, to be cooled with water or polypropylenglycol. According to accessories choosed the pressure tank can be used for the primary fermentation without pressure, secondary fermentation under pressure (maturation) or to final conditioning of alcoholic beverages (carbonization, filtration, pasteurization, flavoring with ingrediences like hops or herbs) before their bottling, filling into kegs or cans.
Usable volume 18000 liters, total volume 19600 liters, made of stainless food steel DIN 1.4301 (AISI 304). This tank is equipped with insulation and glycol cooling channels. It is designed for cooling by cold water or glycol. For cooling of the tank is necessary to connect it to water (or glycol) cooler with cooling medium circulation pump.
This tank is intended to production mainly carbonated beverages like beer, cider, fruit juice, wine, sparkling wine, carbonated lemonades etc.
Standard equipment :
- Overpressure setting mechanism from 0 bar up to 3 bar (or more according to customer requirements)
- Cooling channels – duplicators for circulation of coolant (glycol or water)
- PUR insulation – thickness corresponding to the size of the tank and the environment
- Stainless steel outer jacket – with the customer selected surface finishing
- Guaranteed inner surface roughness of Ra = 0.8 microns or less (except in very small tanks and terminate-welds on medium-size tanks)
- Door manhole on the front arched bottom
- Outlet / inlet for flow of beer or cider
- Outlet / inlet for dosing and discharge of yeast
- Static or rotary spraying ball – for cleaning and sanitation of the tank – one or more pcs according of length of the tank
- Cleanable and sanitizable sampling cock
- Double-acting air vent valve
- Independent safety overpressure valve (only tanks with volume greater than 9000 L)
- Thermometer socket
- Cleanable and sanitizable glass level indicator
- Supporting frame will be designed individually according of customer requirements
Optional equipment :
- Thermometer or thermo-sensor
- Automatic valves for regulation the coolant flow in the cooling channels
- Local thermostat unit (control valves duplicators, depending on the temperature)
- Control system for manual or automatic control of the maturation process
- Carbonization stone – the special porous stone for carbonization of beverages from CO2 bottles
- Stainless steel ladder for easy access to the door of the tank
What are the cylindrical pressure tanks intended for
Cylindrical pressure tanks – the cylindrical pressurizable tanks are usable as :
- Fermentation tanks – Pressureless fermentors for the primary fermentation of beer or cider
- Maturation tanks – Pressure fermentors for the secondary fermentation of beer or cider under pressure
- Conditioning tanks – Pressure vessels for the final conditioning of beer or cider (carbonation, flavorizing with hops or other ingrediences, filtration, pasteurization etc)
- Storage tanks – Storage of beer or cider before its filling into kegs, bottles or cans
- Serving tanks – Tanks to temporary storing and serving beer into glasses in pubs and restaurants using a dispensing equipment
Technical parameters of the MBTHI-18000 cylindrical pressure tank
These are the usual standard parameters – the manufacturer reserves the right to change these parameters.
Every customer is always asked for the approving required parameters of the tank before the production – All parameters of the tank are individualy specified in the contract and drawings.
All dimensions and prices are calculated without a supporting frame . The supporting frame is designed and calculated individually for each installaton according to customer requirements.
MBTHI-18000C - Technical parametersTechnical parameters of the MBTHI-18000C : The cylindrical fermenter for fermentation and maturation of beer or cider, usable volume 18000 liters, with PUR insulation, cooled by water/glycol, with horizontal orientation.
|Tank type : Extra SLIM||Tank type : MEDIUM||Tank type : Extra WIDE|
|Maturation / Bright beer tank / BBT (Volume)||180 HL||Maturation / Bright beer tank / BBT (Volume)||180 HL||Maturation / Bright beer tank / BBT (Volume)||180 HL|
|Insulation /mm/||100||Insulation /mm/||100||Insulation /mm/||100|
|Usable Volume /HL/||180||Usable Volume /HL/||180||Usable Volume /HL/||180|
|Total Volume /HL/||196||Total Volume /HL/||196||Total Volume /HL/||196|
|Volume of the cooling channels /L/||155||Volume of the cooling channels /L/||155||Volume of the cooling channels /L/||155|
|Inner Diameter /mm/||2000||Inner Diameter /mm/||2500||Inner Diameter /mm/||3400|
|Inner Length /mm/||7158||Inner Length /mm/||5247||Inner Length /mm/||3936|
|Length of Cylinder /mm/||6058||Length of Cylinder /mm/||3877||Length of Cylinder /mm/||2096|
|External Diameter /mm/||2200||External Diameter /mm/||2700||External Diameter /mm/||3600|
|Total Length /mm/||7458||Total Length /mm/||5547||Total Length /mm/||4236|
|Weight of Empty Tank /kg/||3484||Weight of Empty Tank /kg/||3573||Weight of Empty Tank /kg/||3207|
|Weight of Full Tank /kg/||23104||Weight of Full Tank /kg/||23193||Weight of Full Tank /kg/||22827|
|Ratio Length /Diameter||3,58||Ratio Length /Diameter||2,10||Ratio Length /Diameter||1,16|
|Material||AISI 304||Material||AISI 304||Material||AISI 304|
Dimensional variability of the MBTHI-18000 cylindrical pressure tank :
We produce the beer maturation tanks and the tanks for storage pure beer with volume 18000 liters in five production lines according to the ratio of the height and diameter of the container. It is advantage for customers, because variable dimensions of tanks is often necessary to adapt for limited space dispositions.
In this eshop we directly offer only three size ratio variations of MBTHI 18000 liters in standard dimensions. If you need another dimensional variation like wide, slim etc, please send us your request and we will make an individual quote for the tank according to your individual requirements.
Variations of the MBTHI-18000 cylindrical pressure tank according to its pressure limit :
In addition, the customer can choose between the low pressure (only for maturation) and high-pressure (for maturation and drafting) containers. According to the maximum allowable pressure in the vessel we produce MBTHI tanks in two designs:
- Medium-pressure tanks : fermentors 18000 liters – the maximum available overpressure is 3.0 bar – includes the PED certificate for pressure vessels – container can be used not only for the maturation of beer or cider, but also as pressure bright beer tank for tapping of beverages into kegs or bottles, filtration and drafting of beer or cider with manual or automatic fillers.
- High-pressure tanks : fermentors 18000 liters– the maximum available overpressure is more than 3.0 bar (according to specific customer requirements), includes PED certificate for pressure vessels – for production of special beverages. Price on demand – according to customer requirements.
Variations of the MBTHI-18000 cylindrical pressure tank according to its quality and equipment :
According to quality requirements and financial possibilities of customers we recognize the cylindrical pressure tanks with three classes of quality and equipment:
- HQ – High quality– High quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. The inner surface has a guaranteed roughness Ra<0.8μm– glossy design. The outer surface is unified. All functional armatures and fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are made in Europe or in the USA. Luxury equipment of the tanks. The main advantages are the savings of sanitizing solutions, water and energy, minimized losses of beverages, shorter work time, reduction of production costs. Three years warranty for stainless steel main parts and also for the fittings. The quality class for the most demanding customers.
- SQ – Standard quality– Standard quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. All functional armatures and fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are purchased from approved suppliers from Europe or USA. Inspection of all critical welds and joints. The inner surface has a guaranteed roughness Ra=0.8μm– semi glossy design. Usual equipment af the vessels, usual set of fittings. Tanks in this quality class comply with all European regulations for pressure vessels and food processing plants. Two years warranty for stainless steel main parts, two year for the fittings. It is the most often ordered quality variation of tanks for our customers.
- LQ – Lower quality– Lower quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. The most of functional armatures and fittings are purchased from approved suppliers from Asia. The inner and outer surface are not unified. Not guaranteed surface roughness on the inside of the containers. This solution is interesting only for starting small breweries because it saves an investition costs. Unfortunatelly, this brings higher beverage production costs. Longer period of sanitation, greater consumption of the sanitizing solution, energy, labor and hot water. High losses of produced beverages. We don´t offer this quality class for our products, because the equipment with the LQ quality class does not comply with the European regulations for pressure vessels and food processing plants. It is the quality of tanks of very cheap world producers of the tanks.
MLT - Cylindrical pressure tanks : Quality + Equipment
|Specification and equipment||HQ||SQ||LQ|
|Production of the "Czech Brewery System"||optional||standard||we don´t offer|
|Production of our competitors (usual reality)||rarely||optional||standard|
|Main equipment - producers||Europe||Europe||Asia|
|*** Inner surface - roughness||Ra||Ra = 0.8μm||Ra > 0.8μm|
|*** Inner surface - sheen||glossy||semi glossy||matte|
|Outer surface - united design||yes||no||no|
|Connections of outer steel sheets||welded||welded||riveted|
|* PUR insulation||> 50 mm||> 40 mm|
|Thickness of the inner plates||> 3 mm||> 3 mm|
|* Thickness of the outer plates||> 1,5 mm||> 1,5 mm|
|* Penetration test||yes||yes||no|
|Adjustable pressure valve - adjustable range||0bar - 3bar||0bar - 3bar||0bar - 2bar|
|Adjustable pressure valve - with adjusting scale||yes||extra charge||no|
|Level indicator - sanitizable||yes||yes||no|
|Level indicator - with scale||yes||extra charge||no|
|Vacuum-overpressure aeration valve||yes||yes||yes|
|** Independent safe overpressure valve||3.3bar||3.3bar||no|
|Rotary shower - pressurizing nozzle||yes||yes||extra charge|
|Inlet / outlet valve||yes||yes||yes|
|Yeast draining valve||yes||yes||yes|
|Sampling valve - removable||yes||yes||no|
|Overpressure manhole (upper or side)||yes||yes||yes|
|* Cooling area of duplicators||> 60%||> 60%|
|Thermocouple for each cooling zone||yes||yes||yes|
|Certificate of pressure tank according to PED 2014 / 68 / EU||yes - always||yes - always||extra charge|
|Warranty||36 months||24 months||12 months|
Asterisks: *= only for insulated tanks cooled by glycol **= only for pressure tanks > 1000L ***= only for pressure tanks > 300L
Our quality declaration: Why should you buy this type of the tank just from us?
- We design, manufacture, weld, mount and test of all vessels (excluding non-pressure vessels) in accordance with the strict European standards and guidelines for pressure vessels (EU Directive PED 2014/68/EU Pressure Equipment). I.e :
- Each pressure vessel contains adouble-acting air vent valve (prevents against an over pressurization or implosion of the tank during its charging / discharging)
- Each pressure vessel also contains an independent overpressure safety valve (prevents against a very dangerous overpressurization of the vessel and the subsequent explosion during a malfunction or insufficient capacity of the double acting air vent valve)
- Each pressure vessel isdesigned by certified designerwho is qualified for the designing and calculation of pressure vessels.
- Production documentation for each pressure vessel containingstatic strength calculation, the exact description of aright manufacturing process, including the required types of welds, thickness of material, critical points solutions.
- All the manufactured pressure vessels are subjected to rigorous testing of tightness and porosity of welds, using a special liquid that detects even the slightest unwanted leaks, pores or micro-cracks =The Penetration Test
- Pressure vessels are tested at overpressure which is at least 1 bar higher than the overpressure, for which containers are certified.
- The Protocol on the tightness and pressure tests and the EU declaration of conformity are issued to all pressure vessels. We also attach the pressure vessel operation log, at the request of the customer.
- Manufacturing processes, design drawings, manufacturing, tightness and pressure tests are supervised by an inspector of TÜV SÜD Czech or another certified company, supplying quality control and compliance with European standards.
- Each pressure vessel contains anindelible nameplatewith the obligatory name of the manufacturer, the ultimate pressure or other data that uniquely identifies the concrete pressure vessel in accordance with EU PED 2014/68/EU
- We produce food containers fundamentally fromfood-friendly stainless steelthat fully comply with the Regulation of the European Parliament and Council Regulation EC no. 1935/2004. These materials do not release their constituents to food in quantities which could endanger human health or bring about an unacceptable changes in the composition of food or a deterioration in their organoleptic and sensory characteristics in contact with food under normal or foreseeable conditions. We do not use cheap stainless steel with lower quality, which will soon lose their corrosion resistance and inactivity to food, especially after repeated contact with aggresive solutions during the cleaning and sanitizing process.
- We are looking into suppliers of construction and installation materials and components from which we produce equipment for food production and handling. We do not buy any material from importers who are unable to prove its European origins and characteristics.
- All the tanks, which we design for maturation, maturation and storage of beverages, have optimized dimensions for the maturation processes, maturation process, carbonation, carried out in accordance with technological standards for beverages production. We never determine the dimensions of the tanks only by estimate .
- All tanks that are made in HQ quality class, are produced with the guaranteed inner surface roughness of Ra = 0.8 microns (except in very small tanks and terminate-welds on medium-size tanks), which is the European standard prescribed roughness of the inner surfaces of the tanks that come into contact with food and sanitation alkalic and acid solutions. Guaranteed roughness of the inner surface of the vessel is extremely important to ensure thorough cleaning and sanitation tanks. This is an essential prerequisite for achieving purity and sterility of food production equipment. We guarantee this limited roughness for 80% of the interior surface also for the tanks, which are produced in the SQ quality. We repeatedly do measurements of all internal surfaces of tanks with the special roughness-meter TR-130 during all their manufacturing process. We polish the inner surface of the tank until the desired roughness is reached.
- Each container is designed and manufactured in such a way as to ensure easy cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces that come into contact with food. Therefore, the vessels are equipped with at least one sanitation shower, removable and sanitizable fill level-indicators and sampling cocks. We do not use any cheap armatures, for which the manufacturer has failed to sanitary design and cleanability.
- Tanks in HQ quality class have anunited outer surface. All joints of the outer sheets (thickness at least 2 mm) are either welded or completely sealed. This is important to prevent ingress of moisture into the double casing, moistening the insulating material and the loss of insulating ability. This ensures a consistent quality and insulating capacity of the tanks. For containers in SQ quality the external sheets are usually riveted and they have a thickness of at least 1 mm.
- We isolate all the pressure vessels by quality PUR foam. The insulating polyuretan foam is professionally applied to the insulating space of the tanks so as to avoid formation of thermal bridges, unisolated empty space or deformation of tanks. We do not use cheap little functional replacements for the isolation of the tanks such as insulating wool, polystyrene beads, inexpertly applied foam.
- Diameters of nozzles, valves and piping are sized correctly according to the volume and vessel function – we never mount underdimensed functional elements on the tanks.
- The warranty for the tanks produced in HQ is at least 24-36 months. The warranty on tank in SQ quality is 18 months. The practical life of the tanks is usually several decades, while elements with lower lifetime (valves, seals, etc.) can usually to be easily replaced with a new standardized elements of the same or another manufacturer.
Possible layouts of the MBTHI-18000 tanks using support frames :
If you are comparing our prices with competitors, please always make sure that any other manufacturer guarantees the same quality as our company offers.