BECOGUR 200 diatomaceous earth from Eaton’s Begerow Product Line is a fine diatomaceous earth providing particularly high efficiency for the fine filtration of beer, wine, must, oil, fats, gelatin, pectin, sugar, vinegar, alcohol, and other liquids.
The specific advantages of BECOGUR 200 diatomaceous earth:
– High clarification sharpness through special particle size distribution
– Reliable filtration through rapid formation of an adherent filter cake
– Economic due to the optimum ratio of flow rate and clarification sharpness
– Maximum purity, safe to use in accordance with German and EU regulations and US-FDA (Food and Drug Administration) requirements concerning the production of beverages
BECOGUR 200 diatomaceous earth is used for the filtration in the following filter devices:
– Pre-coat sheet/frame filters with washable support sheets
– Pre-coat filters (vessel filters) with horizontal or vertical screen elements
– Pre-coat cartridges filters with vertical filter cartridges
Optimization of Pre-Coat Filtration
Filtration performance can frequently be improved by combining BECOGUR diatomaceous earths with other filter aids, e.g.
BECOLITETM filtration perlites,
BECOCELTM filtration cellulose fibers,
BECOFLOC® pre-coat filter additives.
Diatomaceous earth is produced from the silicaceous deposits of microscopic diatoms. The powdery BECOGUR 200 diatomaceous earth is produced by mixing specially selected particle sizes. It is largely free from non-filtering components such as fine dust and silica sand.
When used and handled correctly, there are no known unfavorable effects associated with BECOGUR 200 diatomaceous earth. Inhalation of dust is harmful. If dust forms, use an extractor or wear a breathing mask.
Further safety information can be found in the relevant Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from our website.
As an active adsorbent, BECOGUR 200 diatomaceous earth may take up moisture and odors.
It must therefore be stored in undamaged packaging in a dry, well ventilated place without off-smell.
Check odors in aqueous suspension before use.
BECOGUR 200 diatomaceous earth is sold and is supplied in the following package size:
5x 44.1 lb (5×20=100 kg) 5 pcs multi-layer valve paper bag
During the production process, BECOGUR 200 diatomaceous earth is regularly monitored in order to ensure consistently high product quality