CCT-500C Cylindrical-conical tank Classic 500/600 L (insulated, cooled with liquid)
The Cylindrical-conical tank (CCT), Cylindroconical fermenter (CCF), with usable volume 500 liters and total volume 600 liters, for fermentation and maturation of beer, cider, wine and other beverages, in several variations, made of stainless food steel DIN 1.4301 (AISI 304). The vessel is manufactured containing standardized dimensions and equipment, or according to individual customer requirements. The tank is normally available in several versions (optional dimensions, quality class, maximum pressure). Classic design, PUR insulation, double stainless steel casing, water (or glycol) cooling duplicators. PED certificate (optional also GUM, GOST). All parts are made in European Union. The pressure tank is manufactured in accordance with European Standard EN 13445.
Equipment of the Cylindrical-conical tank Classic 500/600 liters
Assembly drawing of the cylindroconical tank CCT-500C (model 2015 / SQ / standard dimensions) :
Cylindroconical tank CCT-500C
Parameters (standard dimensions)
SQ 0.5 bar
SQ 3.0 bar
HQ 0.5 bar
HQ 3.0 bar
|Vu Usable volume [liters]||500||500||500||500|
|Vt Tolal volume [liters]||600||600||600||600|
|V1 Arched bottom volume [liters]||58||58||58||58|
|V2 Cylindrical part volume [liters]||432||432||432||432|
|V3 Conical part volume [liters]||110||110||110||110|
|D Tolal tank diameter [mm]||900||900||900||900|
|Dv Inner tank diameter [mm]||800||800||800||800|
|H Total height [mm]||1980||1980||1980||1980|
|H1 Arched bottom height [mm]||167||167||167||167|
|H2 Cylindrical part height [mm]||860||860||860||860|
|H3 Conical part height [mm]||693||693||693||693|
|Mn Weight netto [kg]||270||270||270||270|
|Mb Weight brutto [kg]||870||870||870||870|
SQ 0.5 bar
SQ 3.0 bar
HQ 0.5 bar
HQ 3.0 bar
|Pressure range (allowed by PED)||0.0 – 0.5 bar||0.0 – 3.0 bar||0.0 – 0.5 bar||0.0 – 3.0 bar|
|Testing pressure range (by producer)||0.0 – 4.4 bar||0.0 – 4.4 bar||0.0 – 4.4 bar||0.0 – 4.4 bar|
|PED 97/23/EC certificate||no||yes||no||yes|
|Material (Origin of Europe)||AISI 304||AISI 304||AISI 304||AISI 304|
|Inner surface – bottom+cylinder||2B / Ra<0.8 grinded||2B / Ra<0.8 grinded||2C / Ra<0.5 polished||2C / Ra<0.5 polished|
|Inner surface – conical part||2C / Ra<0.5 polished||2C / Ra<0.5 polished||2C / Ra<0.5 polished||2C / Ra<0.5 polished|
|Outer surface||2B grinded||2B grinded||2B grinded||2B grinded|
|External sheets – joints||riveted / welded||riveted / welded||all welded||all welded|
|Peak angle of the cone||60°||60°||60°||60°|
|PUR insulation||50 mm||50 mm||50 mm||50 mm|
|CT / CJ1 Cooling duplicator cylinder – in/out welded with G-thread||1 zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4″||1 zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4″||1 zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4″||1 zone > 60% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4″|
|CT / CJ1 Cooling duplicator cone – in/out welded with G-thread||1 zone > 50% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4″||1 zone > 50% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4″||1 zone > 50% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4″||1 zone > 50% surface IN-OUT G1/2″-G3/4″|
|Manhole upper open-outside||420x340mm open inside||PED 420x340mm open inside||420x340mm open outside||PED 420x340mm open outside|
|Manhole side on cylindrical part||optional 440x310mm||optional 440x310mm||optional 440x310mm||optional 440x310mm|
|Ovepressure/vacuum safety valve||Max 0.5 / 0.2 bar||Max 3.2 / 0.2 bar||Max 0.5 / 0.2 bar||Max 3.2 / 0.2 bar|
|Bottom product I/O fitting||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC|
|Bottom draining I/O fitting||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC|
|Sample valve||DN10 sanit||DN10 sanit||DN10 sanit||DN10 sanit|
|CIP and manometer connection fittings||DN25DC/TC||DN25DC/TC||DN25DC/TC||DN25DC/TC|
|Shower sanitation sprayball||static||static||rotational||rotational|
|Pressure relief valve sanitable||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC||DN32 DC/TC|
|Fill level indicator fixed||yes||yes||optional||optional|
|Fill level indicator removable||optional||optional||yes||yes|
|Thermosensor socket||1 pc DN9||1 pc DN9||1 pc DN9||1 pc DN9|
|Ladder eyes||2 pcs||2 pcs||2 pcs||2 pcs|
|Rubber adjustable feet||3 pcs||3 pcs||3 pcs||3 pcs|
|Type label – tank parameters PED||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Minimum operating temperature||-15 °C||-15 °C||-15 °C||-15 °C|
|Maximum operating temperature||+80 °C||+80 °C||+80 °C||+80 °C|
|Guaranteed number of pressure cycles (for max. pressure)||500||500||500||500|
|Standard warranty||2 years||2 years||3 years||3 years|
Equipment optional – surcharges
SQ 0.5 bar
SQ 3.0 bar
HQ 0.5 bar
HQ 3.0 bar
|Manhole side on cylindrical part||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Manhole upper open-outside||€ 192||€ 192||included||included|
|Manhole upper with sight glass||€ 462||€ 462||€ 462||€ 462|
|Manhole upper with full glass||€ 692||€ 692||€ 692||€ 692|
|Ladder||€ 226||€ 226||€ 226||€ 226|
|On-side universal fitting for hopgun, carbonation, filtration, flotation||€ 38||€ 38||€ 38||€ 38|
|Upper special armature-set for hopgun||€ 192||€ 192||€ 192||€ 192|
|Carbonation stone||€ 423||€ 423||€ 423||€ 423|
|Sanitation sprayball rotational||€ 56||€ 56||yes||yes|
|Adjustable racking arm w.sightglass||€ 385||€ 385||€ 385||€ 385|
|Scale for Relief valve 0-3 bar mm||€ 115||€ 115||€ 115||€ 115|
|Scale for Fill level indicator mm||€ 192||€ 192||€ 192||€ 192|
|Temperature measuring and control system||see a pricelist||see a pricelist||see a pricelist||see a pricelist|
|Foam compensator for Sample valve||€ 103||€ 103||€ 103||€ 103|
|Customized dimensions of the tank||10% and more||10% and more||10% and more||10% and more|
|Custom. equipment of no-PED tank||€ 173||€ 173||€ 173||€ 173|
|Customized equipment of PED tank||€ 1 040||€ 1 040||€ 1 040||€ 1 040|
DC = Dairy Coupling DIN 11851, TC = TriClamp DIN 32676 (type of the coupling depends on requirement of a customer)
PED = Certification for pressure vessels required in all EU countries – the EU Directive PED 97/23 / EC Pressure Equipment
The manufacturer reserves the right to change the parameters according to the current availability of materials and fittings. A customer will always receive our production drawing for approval before manufacturing the ordered tank.
Standard equipment – description
- Pressure relief valve – Overpressure setting mechanism with a glycerin manometer (standard range from 0 to 3 bar ) – it allows all fuctions : fermentation + maturation + bottling
- Cooling channels – duplicators for circulating of coolant in the cooling jacket (one, two or more according type of the tank)
- PUR insulation – polyurethane insulation with thickness according to the size of the tank and the target environment (standard = 50mm )
- Stainless steel jacket – with the customer selected surface finishing (standard = grinded)
- Guaranteed inner surface roughness : Ra < 0.8 μm or less (grinded surfaces) / Ra < 0.5 μm or less (polished surfaces)
- Inspection manhole on the top cone or on cylinder part, according to customer requirements (SQ = open inside / HQ = open outside)
- Clear product outlet with a butterfly valve for pure beverage (beer, wine, cider) output – the racking arm (optionally with variable height of a suction)
- Tank draining outlet / inlet with a butterfly valve for filling tank, discharging of yeast and draining of full content of the tank
- Sanitation sprayball – CIP sprayball (SQ = statical / HQ = rotational) – one or more pcs
- Sanitation pipe – a multifunction pipe with a ball valve for connection of a sprayball, CIP station (cleaning, sanitizing), the relief valve with manometer, CO2 inlet
- Sample valve – cleanable and sanitizable sampling cock for collection product samples
- Safety valve – double-acting overpressure (standard = 3.2 bar) and vaccum protection (0.2 bar) safety valve – only pressure version of the tank
- Venting valve – dedicated valve for safety draining of the tank and for accurate measurement pressure in the tank with manometer (when the sprayball is glued with foam)
- Thermometer socket – welded socket for inserting of thermosensor or thermometer (one or more according type of the tank)
- Manometer – included in the pressure relief valve set, stainless steel, glycerine
- Fill level indicator – cleanable and sanitizable glass pipe for visualisation of product level in the tank (SQ = fixed / HQ = removable)
- Crane eyes – steel welded handles for safety transport of the tank with crane or forklift
- Legs with adjustable feet – 3 or 4 legs with rubber feet for accurate adjusting of the tank on an uneven floor
- Type label – the steel label with all parameters that are required from European Union for pressure vessels
- PED 97/23/EC certificate – the European certificate for the overpressure vessel + passport document of the pressure vessel
Optional equipment – description
- Variable clear product outlet (adjustable racking arm) – instead the fix clear product pipe – a rotatable pipe with a butterfly valve and sight glass to accurate adjusting high of the suction inlet according to current level of yeast in the tank
- Special manholes – secondary site manhole, manhole with sightglass, manhole with glass door
- Special sprayballs – rotational, pulse or other special cleaning equipment for powerfull cleaning of the tank
- Side or upper universal armature – for dry hopping, flotation, carbonation stone etc.
- Scale for the fill level indicator – a liter scale on a cover of the fill level indicator for visualization of the current product volume in the tank
- Scale for the pressure relief valve – a bar scale on a relief valve screw for indication of just required pressure in the tank (a manometer shows the current pressure)
- Temperature measurement and regulation components – we deliver more types of thermosensors, thermometers and also fully equipped temperature control systems for our tanks
- Thermometer, thermocouples, thermoregulators – more types for installation directly on the tank or on a wall
- Automatic thermo regulation valves for regulation the coolant flow in the cooling channels
- On the tank thermo controller – for measurement and regulation temperature directly on each tank
- On the wall thermo controller – for measurement and regulation temperature in more tanks from a common switchboard cabinet
- Automatic tank temperature measurement and control system – for an automatic control of full fermentation and maturation processes
- Carbonation stone – the special jet for carbonation of beverages from CO2 bottles
- Ladder – for easy operating with manholes and other upper accessories of tanks
- Tank product filling hub – a special tool to easy filling of product (like beer wort , cider must) to the fermentation tank
- Tank stirring equipment – to stirring contents of the tank, It is mounted on the side of the tank shell
- Other customizations of the tank – according on customer´s requirements – non-standard dimensions, special armatures, special surface and design of the tank etc.
I. Size ratio variations of the CCT 500 liters :
We can produce CCT fermentation tanks with volume 500 liters in 6 production lines by the ratio of the height and diameter of the container. It is advantage for customers, because dimensions of tanks is often necessary to adapt for limited space dispositions.
In this eshop we descript only the most offered standard size variation of the CCT 500 liters . If you want another variation, send us your request and we will send you an individual quote for the tank.
II. Variations of the CCT 500 according to their overpressure limit :
In addition, the customer can choose between the over-pressure and non-pressure containers. According to the maximum allowable overpressure in the vessel we produce CC fermentation tanks in two designs:
- Non-pressure fermentation tank CCT-500 – the maximum available overpressure is 0.5 bar – it is designed as 3.0 bar tank, tested for pressure up to 4.4 bar, but it is not declared as pressure tank and doesn´t have a pressure vessel passport. Suitable for non-pressure fermentation of beer or cider, or as pressure vessel in countries out of European Union.
- Over-pressure fermentation tank CCT-500 – the maximum available overpressure is 3.0 bar (according to specific customer requirements up to 5.0 bar), includes the PED certificate for pressure vessels – container can be used not only for the fermentation and maturation of beer, but also as pressure bright beer tank for tapping into kegs or bottles, filtration and dispensing/tapping of beer or cider.
III. Variations of the CCT 500 according to their quality and equipment :
According to requirements and financial possibilities of customers we recognize the fermentation tanks with four classes of quality and equipment:
- TQ- TOP Quality – The highest quality we offer. The inner surface has a guaranteed roughness Ra<0.5 μm – glossy design. The outer surface is fully polished-unified. All functional armatures and fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are made in Europe or in the USA. The best separation of the used yeast from the beer or cider, especially at single-phase fermentation of beer or cider when the both fermentation and maturation process are provided in the same tank. Luxury equipment of the tanks. The main advantage is very luxury design of the tank.Three years warranty for stainless steel main parts and also for the fittings. Price will be calculated individually for each tank.
- HQ – HIGH Quality – High quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. The inner surface has a guaranteed roughness Ra<0.5 μm – glossy design. The outer surface is grinded-unified. All functional armatures and fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are made in Europe or in the USA. A perfect separation of the used yeast from the beer or cider, especially at single-phase fermentation of beer or cider when the both fermentation and maturation process are provided in the same tank. Luxury equipment of the tanks. The main advantages are the savings of sanitizing solutions, water and energy, minimized losses of beverages, shorter work time, reduction of production costs. Three years warranty for stainless steel main parts and also for the fittings. The quality class for the most demanding customers.
- SQ – STANDARD Quality – Standard quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. All functional armatures and fittings that have an impact on the reliability and safety of the products are purchased from approved suppliers from Europe or USA. Inspection of all critical welds and joints. The inner surface has a guaranteed roughness Ra<0.8 μm – grinded design, inner surface of the cone part is polished with guaranteed roughness Ra<0.5 μm . Usual equipment af the vessels, usual set of fittings. Tanks in this quality class comply with all European regulations for pressure vessels and food processing plants. Two years warranty for stainless steel main parts, two year for the fittings. It is the most often ordered quality variaton of tanks for our customers.
- LQ – LOWER Quality – Lower quality workmanship of all parts, welded joints and surfaces. The most of functional armatures and fittings are purchased from approved suppliers from Asia. The inner and outer surface are not unified. Not guaranteed surface roughness on the inside of the containers. One year warranty for stainless steel main parts, one year for the fittings. This solution is interesting only for starting small breweries because it saves an investition costs. Unfortunatelly, this brings higer beverage production costs. Longer period of sanitation, greater consumption of the sanitizing solution, energy, labor and hot water. High losses of produced beverages. We don´t offer this quality class for our products, because the equipment with the LQ quality class does not comply with the European regulations for pressure vessels and food processing plants. It is the quality of tanks of very cheap world producers of the tanks.
Our tip : Adjustable racking valve for CCT – the special equipment for preventing loss of the product
We recommend to use our new adjustable racking valve system for easy separation of yeast from the product (beer, cider, wine …) without loss of product residues. This system allows the precise height setting of the outlet pipe suction hole just above the actual level of yeast in the tank.
No more product loss – no unusable residues in the tanks.
Your price :
- SQ version of CCT – 650 Eur surcharge
- HQ version of CCT – included in price
Our quality Ten: Why to buy the cylindrical-conical tank 500 liters just from us?
We design, manufacture, mounted and testing of all vessels (excluding non-pressure) in accordance with the strict standards and guidelines for pressure vessels (EU Directive PED 97/23 / EC Pressure Equipment). I.e :
- Each pressure vessel contains an independent overpressure/vacuum safety valve (prevents against a very dangerous overpressurization and vaccum collapse of the vessel )
- Each pressure vessel is designed by certified designer who is qualified for the designing and calculation of pressure vessels.
- Production documentation for each pressure vessel containing a static strength calculation, the exact description of a right manufacturing process, including the required types of welds, thickness of material, critical points solutions.
- All the manufactured pressure vessels are subjected to rigorous testing of tightness and porosity of welds, using a special liquid that detects even the slightest unwanted leaks, pores or micro-cracks = The Penetration Test
- Pressure vessels are tested at overpressure which is at least 1 bar higher than the overpressure, for which containers are certified.
- The Protocol on the tightness and pressure tests and the EU declaration of conformity are issued to all pressure vessels. We also attach the Pressure vessel passport, at the request of the customer.
- Manufacturing processes, design drawings, manufacturing, tightness and pressure tests are supervised by an inspector of TÜV SÜD Czech or another certified company, supplying quality control and compliance with European standards.
- Each pressure vessel contains an indelible label with the obligatory name of the manufacturer, the ultimate pressure or other data that uniquely identifies the concrete pressure vessel in accordance with EU PED 97/23 / EC
- Optionally we can produce the pressure equipment according to the conditions and standards of GOST-R or GUM certification rules. In this case, we charge an extra surcharge for the special certification :
- PED certification (European Union)… is included in the price
- GUM certification (Poland)… surcharge 10% – We ensure all necessary technical equipment of the tank (GUM compliant), a customer pays and handles the certification process for the tank on site.
- GOST-R certification (Russia)… surcharge 10%
- We produce food containers fundamentally from food stainless steel that fully comply with the Regulation of the European Parliament and Council Regulation EC no. 1935/2004. These materials do not release their constituents to food in quantities which could endanger human health or bring about an unacceptable changes in the composition of food or a deterioration in their organoleptic and sensory characteristics in contact with food under normal or foreseeable conditions. We do not use cheap stainless steel with lower quality, which will soon lose their corrosion resistance and indifference to food, especially after repeated contact with the sanitation solutions.
- We are looking into suppliers of construction and installation materials and components from which we produce equipment for food production and handling. We do not buy any material from importers who are unable to prove its European origins and characteristics.
- All the tanks, which we design for fermentation, maturation and storage of beverages, have optimized dimensions for the fermentation processes, maturation process, carbonation, carried out in accordance with technological standards for beverages production. We do not set the dimensions of the containers by an unqualified “eyeball” estimate .
- All containers that are made in HQ quality class, are produced with the guaranteed inner surface roughness of Ra < 0.5 microns, containers that are made in SQ quality class, are produced with the guaranteed inner surface roughness of Ra < 0.8 microns (except in very small containers and terminating welds on intermediate vessels), which is the European standard prescribed roughness of the inner surfaces of the containers that come into contact with food and carried with their sanitation alkalis and acids. Guaranteed roughness of the inner surface of the vessel is extremely important to ensure thorough cleaning and sanitation tanks. This is an essential prerequisite for achieving purity and sterility of food production equipment. We guarantee this limited roughness for 100% of the interior surface also for the tanks. We repeatedly do measurements of all internal surfaces of tanks with the special oughness-meter TR-130 during all their manufacturing process. We polish the inner surface of the tank until the desired roughness is reached.
- Each container is designed and manufactured in such a way as to ensure easy cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces that come into contact with food. Therefore, the vessels are equipped with at least one sanitation shower, removable and sanitizable level-indicators and sample cooks. We do not use any cheap fittings, for which the manufacturer has failed to sanitary design and cleanability.
- Tanks in HQ quality class have an united outer surface. All joints of the outer sheets (thickness at least 2 mm) are either welded or completely sealed. This is important to prevent ingress of moisture into the double casing, moistening the insulating material and the loss of insulating ability. This ensures a consistent quality and insulating capacity of the tanks. For containers in LQ quality the external sheets are usually riveted and they have a thickness of at least 1 mm.
- We isolate all the pressure vessels by quality PUR foam. The insulating polyuretan foam is professionally applied to the insulating space of the container so as to avoid formation of thermal bridges, unisolated empty space or deformation of containers.We do not use cheap little functional replacements for the isolation of containers such as insulating wool, polystyrene beads, inexpertly applied foam.
- Diameters of nozzles, valves and piping are sized correctly according to the volume and vessel function – we do not mount underpowered functional elements on the tanks.
- The warranty for the tanks produced in HQ is 36 months, warranty for the tanks produced in SQ is 24 months. The warranty on vessel in LQ quality is 12 months. The practical life of the vessels is usually several decades, while elements with lower lifetime (dampers, valves, seals, etc.) can usually to be easily replaced with a new standardized elements of the same or another manufacturer.
If you are comparing our prices with competitors, please always make sure that any other manufacturer guarantees the same quality as we offer.
How does a pressure cylindroconical tank work?
Cylindrical-conical tanks, Cylindroconical tanks, Cylindrical fermentation tanks, Cylindrical fermentors – these are the most common names, including the same class of special pressure vessels with conical (funnel) bottom, designed for the single brewing of beer, the main fermentation of beer and maturation (lying, lagering) beer. The beer wort (intermediate beer product) from the brewhouse is pumped into the cylindroconical tank immediately after the hot brewing process. There, in the cylindrical conical tank, the main fermentation takes place under mild overpressure or without overpressure. Then the sedimentary yeast is separated from the tank and brewer sets required pressure in the tank using the relief valve, and beer passes into the lagering phase when the beer in the tank maturates at elevated overpressure and at low temperature. Both stages of the fermentation process usually take place in the same tank, or the beer is transferred to another purified cylindrical conical tank after the main fermentation.